Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - daveyK_UK

Rumours some of the Vauxhall stock (meant to be the GM stuff from korea such as the Mokka and Viva plus any remaining Zafira Tourers) and some of the Mitsubishi stock is set to under go a big registration event in August.

Audi have some models to shift as well.

Is anyone aware of any other manufaacturer and which models are also likely to see a large portion of there UK stock registered before the 1st September?

Likely to be some bargains about early September, cash buyers take note!

Edited by daveyK_UK on 29/07/2018 at 23:17

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - RobJP

I suspect a lot of these cars will go onto fleet/hire, and will trickle out onto the marketplace over the next 18 months or so.

Do remember that if there's a mad dash to get cars registered before the end of August, there'll be a shortage of brand new cars in September, leading to the 'nearly-new' car prices holding up strongly.

Add Mercedes to the list, they have 'over 2,000 units' to shift according to one employee.

i think you are right RobJP, some manufacturers will have a real shortage of new stock with the new testing regime at the factory plus lack of any UK stock.

Any manufacturers that prepared for WLTP could be quids in.

Add VW to the list.

this is an interesting article, who would have thought Vauxhall would be ahead!

www.carlease.uk.com/blog/wltp-ready-lease-car-deal.../

Add the remaining UK stock of Suzuki Jimny's (new JImny out early 2019).

Add some mini stock as well

Edited by daveyK_UK on 29/07/2018 at 23:51

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - jc2

Don't forget all 0% finance offers at this time!

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - colinh

"...cash buyers take note!"

Cash seems to be a dirty word with car salespeople - more money made selling finance plans.

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - Falkirk Bairn

Subaru Diesels - Forester & Outback

Scooby sales in the UK are modest - their best seller is the Forester & the diesel was THE best seller in that range.

Subaru UK will have their work cut out to keep their heads above water - already premium priced compared to many others raising their prices does not seem to be an option - unless they want to leave the UK market!

Add plenty of Seat diesel models, especially the Toledo and Alhambra

Also Fiat have some stock that must be registered, although it’s not clear which models other than remaining UK Punto stock. Suggestion Doblo MPV, Qubo MPV and Tipo diesels but they don’t have a lot of these in stock in the UK.

Also read Dacia have a handful of Logan MCVs that will need registering, again they don’t keep a lot of UK stock sitting around.

Ford is the interesting one - anyone know what the blue oval has to shift before September?
Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - Big John

Must admit I've been keeping an eye on this - wasn't planning to change my car yet but this WLTP cut off date is a one off scenario

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - BMW Enthusiast

Is anyone aware of any other manufaacturer and which models are also likely to see a large portion of there UK stock registered before the 1st September?

Likely to be some bargains about early September, cash buyers take note!

My local Ssangyong dealership has just bought in 23 Tivoli XLV diesel auto 2WD ELX models. They've all been pre registered of course. Zero deposit 5 years 0% APR HP. They want £20,950 for those with metallic paint and £500 less for non metallic. There's a choice of colours including the leather interiors. The problem is that according to Ssangyonggb.co.uk this specification with the auto gearbox and diesel engine is no longer available and is now called "Ultimate." These cars were probably built many months ago if not longer. I don't think that they'll be shifting these quickly.

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - SLO76
“My local Ssangyong dealership has just bought in 23 Tivoli XLV diesel auto 2WD ELX models. They've all been pre registered of course. Zero deposit 5 years 0% APR HP. They want £20,950 for those with metallic paint and £500 less for non metallic.“

How to lose about £13,000 in one year flat, possibly more. They’re not bad cars but the market sees them as hugely overpriced for what they regard as a budget brand. Buy one new and you’ll be horrified when you try trading it in anywhere else after a year or two.

Edited by SLO76 on 15/08/2018 at 01:56

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - Miniman777

With it now being Aug 15, and just over 2 weeks to deadline, I've not noticed dealers having special events to clear backlog of stock in my area. They are leaving it late, unless there's an (arrogant) assumption customers will go for PCP rather than other forms of finance.

In fact the type and number of the premium cars available which I am looking to buy has somewhat diminished.

Vauxhall, Audi & Mitsubishi pre reg WLTP - who else? - Leif

I had an email from Drive The Deal, mostly pretty typical deals but it did include some Mercs with 35% off list price which is impressive.

you can tell on autotrader who has been doing big pre registrations this month, german diesels galore!

For once, Vauxhall and Ford dont have the most pre registered models