Corsa C twinport - Oil leak Mystery - le Corsa c1.0

Hi all.I have just bought a Corsa C, 02 with 100000 on the clock. It has a horrid oil leak around the timing cover area,Now I'm not an expert by far but set about curing it.I took off all the ancilaries then the timing cover,tensioners and chain etc(After setting it up with the special things to stop the engine moving inside.I removed the timing case gasket,cleaned the surface ready for refitting.I replaced the crankshaft seal, and noticed a groove in the crankshaft pully hub(Wow I,m getting into this) din,t think no more of it. I put two lines of cylicone where advised by haynes, and refitted everything.also put cylicone on the gap where the gasket stuck up,I cut off the excess gasket first. changed the oil filter and refilled car with oil.I still have a slight leak would the groove in the hub cause it to leak past the new crankshaft seal.

feeling great that I took it all apart and refitted everything.so not scared to strip it down again if need bee, but will wear stronger gloves next time Nails are ruined lol.

Corsa C twinport - Oil leak Mystery - hardway

Yes it could be,

I'd suggest a new pully for the crank.

Corsa C twinport - Oil leak Mystery - le Corsa c1.0

Ty for yourassistance I will purchase one then see what happens.xx