Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - Josh Fisher

Helping my brother do a bit of research at the moment as he's looking at cars for his son. So, I thought I'd just put a little something on HJ to see what everyone thinks.

Overall, which do you think would be a better first car for my nephew out of these three? He's a 17 year old who has just passed his driving test, usually sensible and I think he's getting a black box too to reduce insurance.

Cheers J

Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - gordonbennet

If you can find an old school insurance broker, it might be worth having a word in their shell like and see which cars are looked favourably upon re insurance for young chaps, might point you towards something else entirely.

Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - elekie&a/c doctor
Corsa or fiesta would be my choice for a new driver.Plenty to choose from with large s/hand parts availability .may be an idea to look at a base model Focus.Insurance could be less than the others.
Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - SLO76
You forgot to tell us what the budget is Josh. Is it £1,000 or £10,000?
Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - drd63

I bought my Son a 2012 Fiesta 1.25 80hp Zetec 4 years ago. We test drove the Corsa and Polo at the time and the Fiesta was head and shoulders the better car, the Corsa felt cheap and crude, the Polo dull and boring, which I appreciate might be good for a new driver. He's put 50,000 miles on it and its now done a total of 62000 miles, it has been perfect. Selling now as he is moving to work overseas but it's cleaned up inside and out really well. Insurance wise I think they were all pretty much the same - we didn't go with a black box because 1/ he's a swimmer so 5am journeys were frequent and 2/ I would have hated this at 17 and still would have an objection to my driving being monitored!

Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - badbusdriver

The Leon seems the odd one out here (comparable with the Focus and Astra). Are you sure it isn't the Ibiza you're thinking of?. Either way, you really need to compare insurance quotes to find out which will be best, as other than buying the car, that will be the biggest expense.

Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - Smileyman

Leon is a class larger than the other two ... many of the youngsters I know drive the VW Polo as their first car, that is similar class as the Fiesta or Corsa. Leon is bigger car, as a new driver I would have found it too large / powerful - also being a "sporty Seat" probably will be dearer to insure (get quotes to be sure!) even with a black box.

Leon vs Corsa vs Fiesta - Scirocco

I wanted a bigger car at that age (and more power!), I've never been a great fan of superminis. With all the different VW engine configurations the Seat uses there must be one to suit, if the OP goes down that route. I have to say though if new Corsas or Fiestas are being considered the quality of these has improved massively. Fiestas have always been pretty decent but Corsas up until the recent facelift were absolutely awful in terms of cabin materials and driving experience, now they're genuinely nice cars especially in 3 door guise which look better for a young man