2007 VW Golf mk5 1.9 TDI - Complete A/C removal - jcot
Has anybody removed the A/C system from a 2007 VW MK5 golf, my condenser is shot and the pressure valve is leaking, I want to remove the whole system and just leave the Radiator and Intercooler, is this feasible without any comebacks, I will possibly have to leave the A/C generator in situ but thought a shorter serpentine belt my be fitted may be an answer.
Any thoughts on this subject would be most welcome
Thanks in advance
2007 VW Golf mk5 1.9 TDI - Complete A/C removal - Oli rag

Why don't you just leave it as it is, if the gas has leaked or is leaking out, once the pressure has dropped the compressor won't turn on anyway. Or am i missing something?

2007 VW Golf mk5 1.9 TDI - Complete A/C removal - elekie&a/c doctor

Absolutely ,no gas means no a/c operation. There is nothing wrong with removing the condenser and associated pipework. Removing the pump is a little more involved. A different alternator mount and shorter belt will be needed. Is it worth it ?,probably not.

2007 VW Golf mk5 1.9 TDI - Complete A/C removal - jcot
Your quite possibly right about leaving it but there may a leak to the intercooler, so I was going to replace this, got a good second hand one and fully checked and serviced it, that’s why I thought about removing the condenser and pipe work white I was at it ?????
2007 VW Golf mk5 1.9 TDI - Complete A/C removal - Metropolis.
If you’re trying to save money, just buy an aftermarket condenser and pressure valve. It won’t be expensive, normally easy to find on sites like europarts. In this weather i’d want it working!