Pink Fluffy Dice - Mark (RLBS)
On this subject, could people generally watch their language please. We are having to do a fair amount of editing at the moment because for some reason language is deteriorating and its becoming irritating.

It takes effort to edit one word out of a note, it takes little or no effort to delete a note/thread. So if we could up the language quality just a little it will make life easier for everybody.

Thank you.
Pink Fluffy Dice - Dynamic Dave
It would seem that one or two regular members have recently let their language deteriorate again.

I've resurrected this post by Mark as a reminder to members old and new.
It would seem that one or two of you need a reminder again.
It would seem that one or two of you need another reminder.
Pink Fluffy Dice - Mark (RLBS)
Dave is being polite.

Using inappropriate language is not acceptable. Putting asterisks, punctuation marks, whatever, in place of certain characters is a) pointless and b) shows how desperately sad and needy you are since bad language is clearly an essential part of your communicative skills [sic].

Personally I will delete anything which offends, and if I notice a particular name keep popping up then I'll disable the registration as well.
Language Timothy! - Hugo {P}
Mark, DD

As your thread is Read Only and I wanted to make a pertinant point, I would be grateful if you could indulge me as a minimum by attaching this post to your thread.

It occurred to me that some backroomers may not see what is to be gained by moderating language, hence the increased workload for you two - a point hilighted by a thread questioning the need for language moderation, that was started then deleted by your good selves.

The fact of the matter is that this forum is aimed at the majority who choose not to read such language and is supported by very prestigous sponsers (BMW etc), who have chosen to sponser web pages that will not come into disrepute.

In addition, my children often look over my shoulder whilst I'm logged on, and I have to be wary about what they may read.

Should any members still have difficulty with this on a regular basis, I would be sorry to see them go, but I would suggest that their account is frozen pending further decision.

H
Language Timothy! - Dynamic Dave
It occurred to me that some backroomers may not see what
is to be gained by moderating language, hence the increased
workload for you two - a point hilighted by a thread
questioning the need for language moderation, that was
started then deleted by your good selves.

Hugo, it's still there. It didn't get deleted.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=14786&...f