Fiat croma - stiff gear change & heater only blowing hot air - KCSRenault

Hello,

I recently aquired a fiat croma 2005 1.9 jtd for a very good price. The car drives really well but two things are annoying me. First of all the gear change is very stiff and was wondering if there is a common reason or fix. and secondly the heater only blows hot air.

The clutch and gear box were replaced a few years ago and have only done 30,000 miles

As this is a preety rare car no one seems that clued up on them,

Any ideas for both problems would be greatly appreciated.

Fiat croma - stiff gear change & heater only blowing hot air - hardway

Croma?

Not really,

Check the cables.
probably better if dissconected at the box,

See if they're free to move.

The a good dose of WD onto the selector spindle and worked in.

Fiat croma - stiff gear change & heater only blowing hot air - KCSRenault

Hi,

Thanks for the reply i will try that and see if it works at all. i had a punto years ago with stiff gear change but the set up was differenet, this one seems slightly easier to work with.

Many thanks

Fiat croma - stiff gear change & heater only blowing hot air - elekie&a/c doctor
As for the heater problem,I would suspect the air blend servo motor or linkage is at fault. Very difficult access behind the dashboard.The other issue with these is parts availability.
Fiat croma - stiff gear change & heater only blowing hot air - Cyd

The Fiat Croma is a Saab 9-3SS clone and both these are common issues.

Join Saab 93 Owners UKtm on Facebook, where you'll get specific info along with pictures and videos.

Fiat croma - stiff gear change & heater only blowing hot air - elekie&a/c doctor
Not this car. The Croma from the 80s & 90s is a Fiat/ Saab/Alfa/lancia derivative.