SEAT Leon ST - EPC warning light, then EML light and now oil leak - ArranLeeH16

Hi all!

I need some advise. My seat Leon 14 plate 1.2 TSI is now with the garage but can't be checked until Friday. I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out the issue before I'm slapped with a huge bill for a repair.

1st issue - EPC warning light come on, turned off and come back on mechanic said it may be dust on the sensor.

2nd issue - EPC light returned and this time it bought the engine management light with it!.

At this stage I knew something was up so made a short journey back home. On the way back the red oil Triangle flashed up and told me to stop so I pulled over, lifted the bonnet and noticed oil had poured out of somewhere and over the left side under the engine. There was a little bit of smoke coming from the near the spark plug. A warning came up on the dashboard advising an issue with oil preassure.

The car has now been taken to the garage but it can't be checked until Friday. Unfortunately the garage was shut when I arrived.

Anybody have any idea what could have gone wrong?.

Your help is appreciated!.

SEAT Leon ST - EPC warning light, then EML light and now oil leak - elekie&a/c doctor
Dust on the sensor?thats a new one! I would strongly advise you check the engine oil level before driving any further.If the level is ok,then I would not drive any where further with the oil light on.
SEAT Leon ST - EPC warning light, then EML light and now oil leak - skidpan

On the way back the red oil Triangle flashed up and told me to stop so I pulled over, lifted the bonnet and noticed oil had poured out of somewhere and over the left side under the engine. There was a little bit of smoke coming from the near the spark plug. A warning came up on the dashboard advising an issue with oil preassure

I think the technical term is "the engine is fecked". The fact that the dealer sent you away having found nothing only for the engine to fail shortly after may give you a "get out of jail free card".

Best of luck.

The mechanic who checked it over checked it in his spare time, he's a family friend and always been good with sorting things.

I've plugged the car in my self and been given a code P0011.

I understand this is something to do with the cam shaft. I was asked to move the car by the garage as it was blocking some vans. The garage is in the next unit to where I work.

The car started up fine however I do notice a minor knocking noise coming from the engine. When I got out the car there was a trail of oil and then at the areas I stopped there were puddles of oil which I've now had to throw sand over.

The mechanic from the garage is still yet to take a look as he is fully booked until Friday.

I've also been told it could be the sensor but would the sensor cause the knocking sound and the amount of oil being poured out (size of a dinner plate).

SEAT Leon ST - EPC warning light, then EML light and now oil leak - elekie&a/c doctor
Low oil pressure warning on ... knocking noise from engine ...and a severe oil leak ,does not sound promising. I don’t think your diagnostic tester has the ability to recognise a possible toasted engine.

So you think its unrepairable or needs a complete engine rebuild?.

It starts up, it runs and drives just knocks and leaks. I know nothing about cars to be honest with you and this doesn't sound good what so ever.

The car is on hire purchase, bought it back in October 2016. Technically the car isn't mine until it's paid off but I'm sure they will say it's mine now this has happened.

I kept up with the service and MOT, sorted the tyres out etc and kept up with regular maintenance, oil checks tyre preassure checks etc. Last oil check was Sunday before I took a 40 mile trip down the M5 and there was plenty in there and nothing to be concerned about.