2006 Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel - ABS Query. - 420 Turbo Diesel

Hi,

does any one know the rear ABS Wheel Speed Sensor air gap on my 2006 2.2 Honda Civic. I have fitted a new sensor but want to check the gap is correct as I have the ABS/VSA light coming on intermittantly.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew...

2006 Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel - ABS Query. - elekie&a/c doctor

No idea what the air gap is specified, but what ever it is ,it is not adjustable.Why do you think the rear sensor is faulty?

No idea what the air gap is specified, but what ever it is ,it is not adjustable.Why do you think the rear sensor is faulty?

My ABS light came on I took it and got it diagnosed and it was the N/S rear, I replaced it but when I first fitted the new one in to its fixing hole it didn't go in straight, so I spent ages with a needle file cleaning all the rust out so the new sensor just slid in. It put the ABS light out straight away, sorted I thought. It then came back on again a few days later, I had the car checked for any DTC's, there were none and the faulty sensor DTC had cleared. The ABS light is coming and going now, I have been told it is possible to get the sensor in slightly wrong if it's seat where the bolt fixes isn't totally clean. So now I want to double check it is correct and at 90 deg to the ABS ring but would like to know the what air gap so I am happy it is in right.

Andrew...

Would that be a genuine Honda abs sensor or an aftermarket part?

Hi yes it was a aftermarket one as a OE one is £175.00, I thought it has to be worth trying one first.

Buy cheap,buy twice springs to mind.