Any - Parking Eye Payment by Credit Card - Smileyman

Yesterday I had the misfortune to use a car park managed by Parking Eye. I saw their cameras after I had entered the car park.

I paid the fee online by credit card (mobile telephone internet), they added a 30p service charge, I thought such fees for payment by card are now banned? Or is a service charge still permitted? I'm minded to argue with them over this, it's not 30p but the fact anything was added for card payment - espcially as the ticket machine was not working so how else would anyone expect to pay?

The concept of covering number plates for the entry and exit process was an attractive afterthought, but probably illegal - even though I was on a private road at Southampton docks, not the prublic highway. I have a the needle for these parking firms, especially after Mrs S was awarded a charge for parking at a local retail park ... whilst she shopped then ate in a restuarant in an adjacent but differently managed retail park.

Any - Parking Eye Payment by Credit Card - argybargy

This might help to clarify.

It looks like they can still levy a so called "service charge" on credit card payments, as long as they apply that same charge to all transactions, whatever payment method is used.

www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2018/01/cards...y

Any - Parking Eye Payment by Credit Card - Falkirk Bairn

Parking Eye = Crapita plc

Any - Parking Eye Payment by Credit Card - Smileyman

thanks for this link, perhaps it explains why the ticket machne with a pay by cash option was not working!