mondeo vibrating mirror - David N
has anybody had problems with the auto dimming mirror on new mondeo's vibrating when driving. mine is so bad that i cant see clearly behind. it also shakes if you have the stereo turned up too much, or have a bit of bass going through the speakers.

i don't know if it's just the dimming type or if "they all do that sir" type of thing.

never seemed to have this prob before on anycar.

any thoughts from the knowledgeable ones out there??
mondeo vibrating mirror - michaelf
David N.

Having had a similar problem during a test drive I was told they often do that. After a while this began to happen with the car I bought. The mirror comes off the fixing against the glass by moving it vertically upwards. Vibration starts when it begins slightly to vibrate upwards and slightly to come loose here. With mine a temporary, but good enough solution is to place index finger at top of where it joins the bracket which is glued to the glass. Gently press downwards to create a tighter fit. Vibration should stop. Hope this works for you.

Michael
mondeo vibrating mirror - Flat in Fifth
has anybody had problems with the auto dimming mirror on new
mondeo's vibrating when driving. mine is so bad that i cant
see clearly behind.

definitely not

it also shakes if you have the stereo
turned up too much, or have a bit of bass going
through the speakers.

see answer above.

mondeo vibrating mirror - Cyd
Every hired Focus I've driven had this problem - couldn't stop it on most. Used to drive me mad. Never noticed this on other makes though.