Look to buy a used car MOT advice - fv43576

Hi, I am look to buy a Seat Ibiza 2003 1.9tdi 130 FR looks good condition, I asked if it have full of service history yes it have, the MOT certificate said "Advisory notice steel wheel o/s/f" on next MOT but this car have alloy wheels?? It does not make a sense can anyone help me what this means?

thank you

Look to buy a used car MOT advice - Andrew-T

Might it be running on the spare? Or maybe an alloy got damaged in a pothole and has been cheaply replaced?

Thank you I will look again round the wheels and spare wheel today.

Look to buy a used car MOT advice - gordonbennet

It probably had the (or a n other) spare wheel on when it was submitted for that particular MOT, nothing at all to worry about so long as its got the full set now.

The good thing is you're looking at the MOT and other histories before handing your dosh over, we get too many posts from those who do this the other way round.

Look to buy a used car MOT advice - SLO76
This was a good little car in its day, great engine with huge midrange pull and 50mpg plus. These motors are well able to do 250k upwards too but it is a 15yr old hot hatch with a relatively complex turbo diesel motor and they’re popular with the boy/girl racer brigade who almost always ruin them.

Be very wary and don’t touch it if it’s been messed with with daft lowering springs or chipped, it’ll be horrid to drive and guaranteed to go bang quickly. Gearboxes are the weak point so try it out properly and remember they’re due a timing belt change every 4yrs which no one will do shortly before selling, it’ll likely be very overdue. If you find a good one it’ll be a rare wee treat. No worries on the Mot advisory however it’s likely just to have had a spare wheel on because of a puncture or illegal tyre.

If you’re buying on a tight budget and looking for cheap transport I’d probably think again.

Edited by SLO76 on 25/03/2018 at 12:51

The car is standard no remap or stupid lower spring as the last car I was look it got very low spring ridiculous!

New cambelt, new clutch at 92,000miles the car now is 94,000 miles is nothing for VAG engine can go over 300,000 miles

it have 2 owner by ladies better than the gentleman they do thrash it!

I have decided to buy this car.

Thanks for the help.
Fab.