Honda Jazz 1.4 - Old Honda Jazz driven - still good! - focussed

Took our Accord for a service today at our nearest(French) Honda dealer and got issued an old 1.4 Jazz as a courtesy car (I really wanted a Civic Type R but they aren't that stupid!)

2005 registered ( you get the french V5 with the car as it's the law over here).

188,000 km on the clock so that's about 116,000 miles.

We went off west up the N 165 about 15 miles to get 120 litres of heating kerosene which was on offer at a big diy chain shop.

Loaded it up, back on the dual carriageway to McDonalds near the dealer for a coffee and a bun.

That old Jazz pulled like a train, scampered up the road like a startled rabbit, and didn't seem to notice 200 lb of kerosene in the boot!

Still felt tight, braked, steered and stopped like a new car, no rattles.

Trim still good, seats looked like new, just needed a bit of a valet.

If you need a neat little runabout, and you can find a good one - buy it!

Honda Jazz 1.4 - Old Honda Jazz driven - still good! - SLO76
As a newly started trainee salesman back in the 1996 I was amazed by how good some of the old cheapo trade ins were, particularly the old Colts we frequently took in with big mileages which we tended to use as customer loan cars. I’d been used to my parents buying new cars (mostly Volvo’s and Saab’s) that rarely reached 20,000 miles before being part exchanged. It was this experience that put me into bangernomics and a long line of cheap old motors that cost me buttons and provided reliable service.