Rover 620 gsi 1993 - rover 620 gsi abs light on - KCSRenault

hello,

I have recently moted my rover 620 after sitting for a few months. the car as expected, started up etc all okay and went for mot with no advisories. although a 1,000 miles later the abs light is on. it comes on after around a mile or so of driving, and will clear when turned off but only for a mile or so again. The garage i use has said it might be one of the four abs sensor rings, or anything abs related. The car had an abs pump/modulator replaced a few years ago, so hopefully that has not gone again.

The garage said for the front sensors its better just to replace the cv joint instead of trying to get old one off and a new one on. Is this true?

My normal trusty mechanic is off work at the moment, the ABS modulator was replaced at a former rover dealer, who are now no longer tale anything to do to the brand.

Is there anything its most likely to be? Seems quite a lot of discussion about it on the online forums. But very old post now.

Any help much appreciated.

Rover 620 gsi 1993 - rover 620 gsi abs light on - hardway

The garage are most likely refering to the reluctor ring,

And these can be a b***** to got off/replace.

I'd start by using a multi meter t check the resistance is the same on each ABS sensor.

Anyone different is going to be shot.

Rover 620 gsi 1993 - rover 620 gsi abs light on - elekie&a/c doctor

This car should be fitted with a basic self-diagnostic function for the abs system. There should be a 2 pin diagnostic plug located up behind the glovebox area. Bridge out the 2 pins and the abs light should flash a "blink code". Usually on these it is a faulty wheel speed sensor. Sadly,removing them from the hub is another mission.