Vauxhall combo 1.3cdti - Noise from engine bay - George Coull
I have had a noise in the engine bay for a few months now sounds like it’s drivers side.
I have had exhaust and all heat shields checked and they are all perfect
I had a new turbo and a new inlet manifold fitted last year.
The noise to me sounds like a rattling/vibrating noise.
The van is year 2008.
It had a new rubber drivebelt fitted 6 months ago.
Today while I was sitting in drivers seat and engine running I opened the drivers door and made a video, I had it in reverse and was riding the clutch and you can clearly hear the noise the odd chirp you hear is my reversing sensors.
The link to the video on YouTube is youtu.be/n8Ge0rb2K_4 if anyone has any suggestions what the noise is or could be the help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks for any help.
Vauxhall combo 1.3cdti - Noise from engine bay - focussed

I had a 1.3 CDTI in a Corsa car. The 1.3 CDTI engine has always had an extensive/expensive repertoire of noises but that sounds like a worn DMF to me.

Vauxhall combo 1.3cdti - Noise from engine bay - Peter.N.

Does it stop or change when you put your foot on the clutch?

Many thanks for your reply the noise stays exactly the same when clutch is pressed in and out.
I got my wife tonight to lightly rev engine and I listened in the engine bay and the rattling vibrating noise is coming from as you look into the engine dipstick at the back it’s in front of that ie around where the I think it’s called a auxiliary belt and that was replaced only 6 months ago.
Vauxhall combo 1.3cdti - Noise from engine bay - SLO76
“It had a new rubber drivebelt fitted 6 months ago.“

The Fiat designed 1.3 diesel is chain driven so I’m assuming you mean it had a new ancillary belt? As for the video, it’s possibly a rattling timing chain which is quite common on these, especially on vehicles which haven’t seen regular oil changes.
Took it to a local garage quickly on Saturday and he had a listen in engine and he reckons either the alternator or maybe just the clutch pulley on the end of alternator
It’s booked in for Tuesday to be properly diagnosed