Seat Leon 2010 diesel ecomotive - Icy windscreen on inside - SeatLeon2010

Hi all,
My windscreen is icy on the inside on cold mornings, grateful for any advice. Car is Seat Leon 2010. Here is my troubleshooting so far:

• Must be moisture in the car somewhere.
  • Checked carpets and boot - all dry.
  • The rear seat feels a bit damp - it's hard to tell but it may possibly be damp, certainly not soaking
  • Poured a bucket of water over the whole car.
  • Windscreen on inside still dry
  • Checked door seals - rubber seals all dry, but here's where I am unsure
  • The seal on the back doors - seems like a felt material - is wet. Not sure if it should be. Here's a pic - you can't see the moisture but the silver metal underneath is also damp: thumbsnap.com/ZQiavU7T
Seat Leon 2010 diesel ecomotive - Icy windscreen on inside - elekie&a/c doctor

Problems like these can be a real challenge to fix. But i would make sure the heating/ventilation system is set to "outside air" rather than "recirculation " when running and parking the car.This will allow the cabin to ventilate.

Seat Leon 2010 diesel ecomotive - Icy windscreen on inside - gordonbennet

Some aircon systems throw up these odd things, often i'd be loading my Volvo car transporter engine plus PTO running and the whole of the interior of the cab would be completely steamed up, putting the aircon on plus full heat would clear it, no fault as such just the way the system worked, other identical lorries exactly the same.

Have you checked the cabin filter?

Seat Leon 2010 diesel ecomotive - Icy windscreen on inside - hardway

With no apparent leaks getting in my next test would be for a leak in the heater matrix.

Pressure testing the collant system would be a start.

Thing is I recall a trade Rover sdi years ago,

System seemed fine until a long run turned the inside ito a sauna,

Running water down the screen inside,

Hot water see,

Condensing on the cold screen

And when it got cold a few weeks later we had to treat the inside like the outside and get the screen ice scraper from the boot.

Covered the dash.

If I recall we ran a couple of coolant leak products through the thing which seemed to cure it.

Worth a try for a fiver,

No?