Ford Ka - Rusted Ford Ka - scrap or sell? - andydavies

2005 Ford Ka. Took it for a service and the garage said save your money - the sills are rusted so much that a screwdriver goes straight through it. Also some corrosion to the brake pipes. MOT due in 2 months - will not pass in current state. I've already bought a replacement, and now the question is: sell or scrap? I'm not that knowledgable about the market for used cars - would anyone want to buy it?? Or don't waste my time and just scrap it?

Ford Ka - Rusted Ford Ka - scrap or sell? - Avant

Given that repairs to get it through the MoT would far exceed what the car is worth, you wouldn't buy such a car yourself would you?

Sorry, but I'd say scrapping is the only answer. Kas have a reputation for rusting, and yours has done quite well to last 12 years.

So a straight scrap? Is it worth putting it on ebay for spares/repairs, or a waste a time?

Ford Ka - Rusted Ford Ka - scrap or sell? - FiestaOwner

Personally, I agree with Avant. Just scrap it.

If you put it on ebay, you'll need to ensure you have any driver insurance in place for test drives. You'll also have to deal with tyre kickers who will try to get your price below the scrap value. You might even get a buyer trying to return the car, as their mechanic says it's dangerous!

It's not worth the hassle to try and sell it.

Ford Ka - Rusted Ford Ka - scrap or sell? - FiestaOwner

Just look up sold listing on ebay for "ford ka 2005 spares repair". I'm finding sold prices typically between £84 and £180.

Some cars are repeat listings because the winner doesn't pay and collect.

Ford Ka - Rusted Ford Ka - scrap or sell? - SLO76
Great wee cars and a sure future classic but only solid examples will see this. Crusty cars are worthless, even with a long Mot it's a £400-£500 car. Just scrap it and save any hassle.

Ok thanks everyone. Looks like a trip to the scrapyard.