Citroen or ford? - mlj
I've got to turn in my Leon for a large estate. After a look around the local dealers and supermarkets i'm left with the conclusion that a C5 or a Mondeo estate will do the business. 9995 will get me a 2002 petrol car. I'm more interested in reliability and quality than perfomance and kit. Any thoughts or alternatives?
Citroen or ford? - Shortwing Rob
No real view, but I do think the Laguna Estate looks very smart, as indeed does the new Accord (On the TV ads)

Rob
Citroen or ford? - teabelly
Have you seen a fiat stilo multiwagon? You should be able to get a brand new one for around 10k for a petrol version from a supermarket. 10,865 gets you the diesel active air con uk model from a discounted uk supplier. Interior is a bit naff but the boot space is excellent, flat and with a wide hatch so loading is a doddle.
teabelly
Citroen or ford? - DavidHM
All true, but the Mondeo is bigger than any of the cars mentioned above, apart from the C5, and better to drive than any.

It's not especially stylish or gimmicky, but it has a masculine, form-follows-function kind of appeal in my opinion.

The C5's not a bad car - and very practical - but the Mondeo would edge it out in my opinion if they're the same price becuase it handles better and is likely to lose less money through depreciation.

Oh and the Stilo is a big risk on depreciation, even more so than the Mondeo. Laguna and C5 won't do too well either.
Citroen or ford? - mlj
Yes I have seen the Fiat, not the prettiest design from the rear. I'm moving toward the Mondeo, equipment is good, I do need the space which separates it and the C5 from the rest.
Citroen or ford? - Ben79
If you are carrying heavy loads, the hydropneumatic suspension C5 is supposed to give better handling when loaded as the height automatically adjusts.

Plus the C5 has a height adjuster on the inside of the boot in order to lower the boot sill height to make attaching caravans or heavy loading easier.

SX estate models have a net that can be clipped to the roof to protect you from flying objects in the boot.

No prizes for guessing what I would choose. Why not take a few big guys along with you for a test drive to see how the cars handle when loaded.

Ben

Citroen or ford? - googolplex
well as a mondeo owner of 2 months, I'd obviously say get one of them! Great car.

If its room you want, however, then HJ's latest report suggests the new Accord estate is worth considering.

splodgeface
Citroen or ford? - vercin
Hi

Ive had a C5 for 1 year. In addition, the wife and I have also been driving a Mondeo estate for over 4 months.

The Citroen has had reliability issues. Dealers are variable. But is very comfortable and once we got use to its style, it is extremely comfortable and is well designed. Also great space in back seats. Great for loading house kitchen sink et al in back.

Once the niggles are ironed out, its a good car. NB check the OGRA number on any potential purchase. Its Citroen's date of manufacture. Your less likely to get one that may have been sitting around for a long time.

The Mondeo is much more a drivers car. I really like it and of the three in l/t rentals have had no problems at all. Slightly smaller but also well designed. If my own money, I'd Mondeo. But it really comes down to your preferences.

regards

Vercin