Ford Ka - Coolant - Drivethru

Does anyone know when the radiator should be flushed and the coolant changed on the 2011 Ford Ka please? I can't find it anywhere. Also, the coolant that is in is Arteco Haveline XLC, could I use an equivalent coolant for topping up? Thanks.

Ford Ka - Coolant - elekie&a/c doctor
Coolant change interval is 10 years.Buy any top up fluid from Ford or Fiat dealer,then you won't go wrong
Ford Ka - Coolant - Drivethru

Great, thanks elekie.

Ford Ka - Coolant - John F
Coolant change interval is 10 years.

Why? (apart from the obvious reason of good-sounding work for garages to do). The coolant in our 2000 Focus is still clear and pink and cools the engine (and heats us) nicely. Any internal corrosion will have used all its oxygen up by now and so will have ceased. If you replace it, you will immediately introduce some more corrosive oxygen.(yes, I know it contains 'inhibitors, but...)

As for 'topping up', you shouldn't have to. About 2 yrs ago I put in 250mls of rain butt water (no corrosive chlorine) to replace the microscopic evaporation via the filler cap over the previous 14yrs. If starting to need regular 'top-up' I'd sell the car pdq.

Ford Ka - Coolant - bathtub tom

I've found thick,green sludge in the cooling system of old cars. Admittedly they are ones with thermo-syphon cooling and hence no water pump to agitate the coolant.

Initial research seems to suggest it's caused by the corrosion inhibitors settling out of old anti-freeze.

It may have been the cause of one car boiling, as the top hose was hot , but the bottom cold, suggesting coolant wasn't circulating through the radiator.