Calibra V6 running on 4 cylinder - bobby
My Vauxhall Calibra V6 is only running on 4 cylinder. My local
garage advise me to change the Distributor but that did not solve the
problem. Also had the Control unit tested and it has no fault. Could this
be some kind of wiring or knock sensor fault? Please advise...

The leads are ok..
Calibra V6 running on 4 cylinder - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
This isnt a fault to be taken lightly as the bits are expensive. A little more info such as year and engine code would be appreciated.You say the leads are OK but on what basis do you know that to be the case? Leads are a regular failing on these engines. Which two cylinders are down? It is possible that the fault could be fuel/injector related. Do you have the warning light on the dash illuminated?
Hope to help
Andrew

Happiness is a T70 at full chat!
The car is a 1997(P), Eng Code 081826. I swap the lead around and the problem was still there. The cylinders that are down are numbers 6&3, that was reason the garage advice me to change the distributer. That was a expensive bit of kit that did not solve the problem (£165). There was a large crack on the back of the distributer for numbers 6&3 leads. That why I had the Electronic Control Unit tested. Maybe that caused something to malfunction in the unit. Yes the warning light is illiminating on the dash intermittently.
Any more advise would be great.
Bobby
Calibra V6 running on 4 cylinder - Peter D
OK Either put an old plug in No 3's lead or a piece of wire and get someone to crank it over for you whilst you establish whether there is a spark or not. Then try No 6. Come back. Peter
There is no spark coming from number 3 or 6 cylinder..
Bobby
Calibra V6 running on 4 cylinder - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
As you can guess the problem of no spark on 3 & 6 is because they are driven by the same coil within the pack. There should be a primary ignition signal present on terminal 3 of the plug of the coil pack. Depending on which management system is fitted to the vehicle (Bosch Motronic 2.8.1 or 2.8.3) this signal comes from either pin 1 or pin 49 of the ECU. It is quite possible you have a wiring fault preventing the signal from reaching the coil. Follow the wiring back from the coil and unplug any multi wire connectors you can find on the way checking for corroded terminals. Finally, with the engine running push and pull the wiring loom inch-by-inch to see if the missing cylinders cut in, suggesting a broken wire.
It would be interesting to know what fault codes are present as this may give us more of a clue to the problem.
Andrew.

Happiness is a T70 at full chat!
Calibra V6 running on 4 cylinder - Peter D
Thought as much. As per Andrew heck all the wiring out and the coil pack compare the resistance of the coil pack suspect primary against a working one to ensure it is not the coil that has failed. Regards Peter