Seat Alhambra 2012 SEL 2.0 CRTD - Adblu (yellow container and spanner light) Fault - Pepperrell

Had car from new - bought from main dealer. Intermittent electrical issues since purchase - autoholddeosn't work sometimes, for example. But nothing too major until recently, when in qucik succession, I have had to replace the suspension bushes (£200), the cambelt (£300), a Nox sensor (£400) and the coolant pump (£89 plus labour).

The main dealer's replacement (the first one went bust) has looked at this today, and has told me: 1) it was a short circuit (on the Adblu pump; and then 2) it wasn't a short circuit on the Adblu pump, and finally 3) it was a faulty coolant pump casuing the Adblu injectors to overheat.

They went on to say that the faulty pump wasn't an OEM part. As the car has never had this coolant pump (Drivers wheelarch) replaced, I can only conclude that the non-OEM part was fitted at the factory in Portugal. Is this likely? Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Seat Alhambra 2012 SEL 2.0 CRTD - Adblu (yellow container and spanner light) Fault - RobJP

You say that you've never had the coolant pump replaced, and yet you say earlier on that you've had the coolant pump replaced for £89 plus labour.

In any case, the cambelt and coolant pump should not be viewed as 'faults' that you've had to get fixed. They are supposed to be replaced - I believe every 4 years or 40k miles.

Where did you have the cambelt and coolant pump work done ?

Seat Alhambra 2012 SEL 2.0 CRTD - Adblu (yellow container and spanner light) Fault - Stanb Sevento

Got to say this sounds a bit strange. The AdBlue is heated but as far as I know its heated electricaly nothing to do with the coolant. The coolant pump is driven by the cambelt and usually replaced at the same time. There is a small coolant pump in the drivers wheel arch but thats part of the Webasto auxiliary heater and nothing to do with AdBlue, that could be made by Webasto.

Around about 2012 there were some dodgy AdBlue systems that caused a stink some here but more in the US but VW have been replacing these FOC. If your car has had the emissions fix I believe the SRC system is one of the items covered under the "good will". give vw emissions team a phone.