Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - michaelkumar

Its time to service my 2014 Honda CR-V automatic.

Anyone have any advice?. One option is honda dealer, using the 3rd year service £245. Has anyone used and have experience of 'www.servicingingstop.co.uk' The're offer is for £133 for a honda CR-V.They collect and deliver back.

I've posted here before about brake squeaking sound, when the honda dealer examined it said it was normal and it was the characteristics of the car, I am not sure I accept that.

Where might it be a good place to service the car, a colleague had his honda serviced at the honda dealer, he seemed less than satisfied.

Thanks to anyone replying...

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - oldroverboy.

Read these reviews before deciding where you will service the car

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3279...6

Servicingstop do not service the car, they contract it to a third party.

Personally. i suggest going to your Honda dealer whop will deal with any recall issues as well, and should you have a full honda service history, your car will be worth more when it come time to sell..

Edited by oldroverboy. on 11/05/2017 at 15:08

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - RobJP

Here is a thread on servicingstop - you have been warned !

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=98761

Just bear in mind that your car is nearly out of warranty. By keeping it at a Honda dealership, you will greatly increase the likelyhood of getting 'goodwill' contributions (and the amount of such contributions) in the (unlikely) event of a failure out-of-warranty. Get it serviced outside the dealer network, and that 'goodwill' contribution will vanish or shrink.

In addition, you also have a longer warranty for structural / chassis corrosion (12 / 10 years). To keep such warranty intact, the car must be examined and inspected by a Honda dealership. That warranty is not covered by 'block examption', so you cannot get it done outside the Honda network and maintain that part of the warranty.

Edited by Avant on 12/05/2017 at 01:45

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - daveyjp

For such a new car still under warranty I'd stick with a dealer, but shop around and find one which from reviews appears to give good service.

servicing stop give tempting headline rates, but you may end up paying much more.

From my dad's ownership experience Honda are very good at offering goodwill outside of the warranty period if you can show it has a full dealer history.

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - gordonbennet

As above, keep it at Honda till at least 1 year after warranty has expired and preferably 2, goodwill always easier should anything go wrong after warranty expires if you've played your part.

Honda don't as far as i'm aware strip clean and lube brakes as part of normal servicing, i'd be inclined to get someone competent to do this for you at least every other year, not only will it most likely shut the squealing up it will pay dividends if you keep the car long term by helping the calipers in particular to have a long trouble free life.

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - SLO76
For the sake of £2 per week extra I'd keep it with the Honda dealer. This small saving will be easily swallowed by the devaluation caused by not having a full main dealer service history. Factor in the remaining warranty which will be pretty much unusable and you also remove any dealer/manufacturer good will too. It's a false economy.

I also have the same model of CRV but with the 1.6 diesel and I can't say I've noticed any issue with noisy brakes so it's not a characteristic as far as I'm concerned.,
Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - Falkirk Bairn

I phoned around when my CRV was 2 year old - every site said around £275 (IIRC), then 1 dealer said £175 - I have been back there in year 3 & 4 - 5th service due in July & I will again phone around. £175 was the same as the local Indie!!

thanks for replying, just out of interest which dealer quoted £175?

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - SLO76
Phone a few dealers to get quotes then approach your local one and ask them to match it, they usually will. £175 is cheap for a dealer major service at Honda but you don't get if you don't ask...

Thanks.

Crown Honda in Bushey is where I just dropped my car off and they didn't offer anything off the service cost. So, its £265.

When I checked the service schedule, actual work is just a oil change, oil filter and air filter. Every other thing is just a check. Is there any surprise dealers don't want to sell Tesla cars as these don't need any servicing.!

I don't think I will use any main dealer again, just for the sake of having a honda stamp in the service book. This service is a lot cheaper in a local garage.

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - Pondlife

I've just part exchanged my 2007 Honda CR-V 2.0 Auto. I was chipped down on the part ex price a bit because I'd serviced it at the local garage. I don't know if I saved or gained overall though.

I'd owned the car for about seven years. I found that most problems I had with it were dealt with better by my local garage than the Honda dealership, but I'm not sure if that says more about my garage or my local Honda dealership (which I'm sure vary depending on management).

I had squeeky brakes a couple of times. Don't ignore this, as it was sticking calipers in my case, which would have eventually cost me a new set of discs and pads. I ended up replacing both front calipers over the life of the car. Jack up the car and spin the wheels with the gearbox in N: that will tell you if the calipers are sticking.

It's not a "characteristic of the car" when the calipers are not sticking, at least IME on the 2007 MY.

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - catsdad
If the OP is shopping around the Honda dealers be sure to compare like with like. I assume the CRV is on the same service model as my Civic in which case you need to check carefully which service is due and use the service code applicable (AB2 or whatever) to ask for a quote. I find my dealer is usually wrong. Of 4 services to date only one would have been the correct one if I'd just run with their suggested service. So different dealers may be quoting different services.
Also you may qualify for free Honda breakdown cover if you have full dealer history. Again however my dealer conveniently forgets unless I remind them. Having said that Honda's website is a bit ambiguous and its maybe not applicable after the third year so maybe my getting it into a sixth year is a bit of a result.
Finally after 3 years old Honda offers a basic but official "Honda 12" service that is £160, at least for the Civic, and that might be the way to go for dealer service at reasonable cost. It's basically an oil service. I can do my own air and pollen filters as required rather than pay extra for the "Honda 12 plus". In my case I plan to go that way next year. Provided they honour the free MoT deal that was part of the original sale it's still good value.

I just dropped my car off at Crown Honda in Bushey, service cost £265. I'll let you all know what the Honda dealer has done to my car today, after I pick car later today.

Honda CR-V 2.0 Automatic - Servicing a Honda CRV - oldroverboy.

I just dropped my car off at Crown Honda in Bushey, service cost £265. I'll let you all know what the Honda dealer has done to my car today, after I pick car later today.

Back in the days when i lived in that area, Crown hd a good reputation.