Citroen Picasso Paint - danny king
Anyone had problems with the paint lifting on their picasso?

I recently washed off some bird mess and it left behind a very soft area of paint

cheers

Citreon Picasso Paint - Ben79
Most people here swear by regular waxing and removing bird poo very quickly, i.e within a few hours.

Not had any problems on our Met Green Picasso, Silver Xsara and 206 or Met Red Saxo.

Ben
Citreon Picasso Paint - Mondaywoe
My (black) C5 was bad for this in the first few weeks, but I quickly got some Autoglym - resin, followed by gloss protection and now it seems less of a problem. Do get it off asap though - just a few hours in hot sun can cause irreparable damage.

When removing, use loads of water and as little 'rubbing' as possible - a soft brush with water flowing through it is good. Some poo has grit in it that acts like sandpaper!

I think it's because car paint is mostly water based nowadays.

Graeme
I use Teflon polish and shampoo made by Simoniz, things slide off almost like a non-stick frying pan.

I also use a £60 pressure washer to remove most of the dirt prior to sponge and water.

Bird muck comes off easily with a pressure washer.

Ben
Citreon Picasso Paint - Mondaywoe
Go easy on the pressure washer, Ben - I used to lift bits of paint off my Xantia with one! The Xantia has a weak spot - bottom of rear wheelarch at door side. Apparently chips thrown back from the front wheel hits that spot consistently and wears it down. From about 1994 onwards, Citroen fitted clear plastic protectors. After repainting that spot annually for about 5 years, I bought a set of protectors for my (1993!) model.

Always had to watch that spot with the powerwasher, though, as well as edges of wheelarches.

Haven't used it on the C5.Being black, it needs and (sometimes) gets lots of TLC!

Graeme
Graeme, could you please contact me off-list, my email address should come up when you click on my profile.

Ben
Citroen Picasso Paint - Altea Ego
Paint + bird poo = problems.

Modern paints on cars are now mostly water based due to environmental concerns. Bird poo is very good at lifting or pitting paints if left on. Worst time is when the little feathered dahlings are eating the wild berries the poo is then highly corrosive and acidic.

Only cure is to get if off asap, or get a protective barrier on the paint ( like wax or silicon )

Saw a news report where a bloke with a brand new beemer had to have a respray after parking his car under a tree every night for 18 months.
I am sure watchdog will get hold of it and try to blame everyone except the environmentalists and the birds.