Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - Tawacom

I bought a hyundai 124k on clock 7 days on engine management light on oil light on... puzzled just done under 300 miles on it from handover. I'm in situation it has the 3 month warranty what are my options I don't want to be spending on it shall I get on with them to fix the problem or could there be something major I paid £6k at a local trader....

What shall I do folks.... I'm puzzled £6k is a lot for me to start spending on a car 7 days after purchase to be honest. Any advice

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - SLO76
You have to give them at least one chance to fix it. It could be something simple but I wouldn't have recommended a high mileage DPF equipped diesel to you in the first place. You'd've been better with an older but lower mileage pre 2011 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRD with less mileage and no DPF for similar money but you are where you are and legally they are allowed one chance to fix it before you can reject it so give them a call and explain that this is what you'll be doing if they can't get it running right.
Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - oldroverboy.

Take it back o he dealer and ask him to fix it. It is your responsibility to get the car back to him. I assume it i a diesel, so dpf regeneration problem or blocked dpf with ash. check the oil level as well.

(The 3 monh warranty is so much useless toilet paper) it is the dealers responsibility to fix.

if in doubt reject the car if you have problems, but do it in writing.. see honest john consumer rights.. rejection, but only if the delaer is a pain..

Edited by oldroverboy. on 03/03/2017 at 07:39

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - pd

Pop it back to them and get them to code read it. Could be anything really, if it isn't in limp mode then probably something fairly minor.

It is not necessarily DPF related.

Rejection on a 124k mile car with a EML light could be an amusing legal case IMO.

£6k might sound a lot but it isn't in car terms as it is only ~25% of the full cost of the car new. To be frank, if reliablity and low maintenance cost is important to you than buying a 124k mile car preobably isn't a very sensible choice as an enormous number of things can be put down to wear and tear and general maintenance needs at that mileage.

Edited by pd on 03/03/2017 at 10:25

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - skidpan

What age is the car. Hyundai give a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty but you do have to keep up with the service schedule.

2013 ... code read manifold sensor fault they cleared it but still have oil level light on ......

They said it may be cause car was stopped for a while but have to be back if it pops again my concern is the longer I have it the issues may damage.

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - daveyK_UK

Have you checked the hyundai owners forum?

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - pd

If the oil level light is on you need to......check the oil. It implies it is either too high or too low.

Check your user manual.

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - skidpan

So its under 5 years old therefore providing its got a full service history to Hyundai's required standards (preferably Hyundai) its still under warranty.

So has it got a service history or is the warranty worthless?

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - sandy56

Not sure if the HYUNDAI warranty covers the car after 100,000 miles. Easy to check.

Why buy an Hyundai car with 100,000+ miles? Any diesel car with this sort of miles is asking for problems unless you know the car?

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - gordonbennet

The 3 months warranty isn't of any consequence for the warranty will be exprired before the trader's responsibilities lapse, the trader is responsible for fixing this so get it back to him.

When you say oil light presumably an oil level light?, i shan't state the obvious, if it's a low oil pressure light then the car should not be driven at all.

It will be good for you if the makers service schedule has been maintained, still got another year of warranty to go.

I think the unlimited mileage 5 year warranty didn't cover taxi use, (not as i'm suggesting this is an ex taxi), can't recall where i read this mind or am i thinking of another make.

Edited by gordonbennet on 05/03/2017 at 08:44

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - RT

Not sure if the HYUNDAI warranty covers the car after 100,000 miles. Easy to check.

Why buy an Hyundai car with 100,000+ miles? Any diesel car with this sort of miles is asking for problems unless you know the car?

Kia's 7-year warranty is limited to 100,000 miles but Hyundai's 5-year warranty is unlimited mileage - both warranties have documented wear/tear exceptions with their time/mileage limitation.

I think GB is right about the taxi-use exclusion.

Edited by RT on 05/03/2017 at 12:04

Thank you all took it back to them they said they took it to dealer but got no report of what was done now i still have a message saying auto stop deactivated...

not sure what to do the car drives fine but not sure if i shuld worry about the message .... im to have a problem at a later stage that will put me in a corner. Any I40 driver out there who has this on theirs?

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - SLO76
Is the thing switched off? It might flag up that message if it is.

Hyundai i40 Tourer - Need advice - oldroverboy.
Is the thing switched off? It might flag up that message if it is.

Is it the stop/start light. If so, try swiching off everything that uses current, (aircon/stereo/lights and see if the stop/start function works.

there needs to be sufficient charge in the battery for it to work properly. read the owners manual and check. perhaps you might need a new battery...(Might, and might not) get someone to do a voltage check, free at halfords or one of the chains..