citroen zx on straight veg oil - leerichmond21
does anyone know if i can use straight veg oil to run my citroen zx 1.9d on,

i know u can with the boshe fuel pumps but im not so sure about the lucas/cav one which i have?

the seals might go in it
citroen zx on straight veg oil - Gen
Good afternoon Sir, If you could just take off the petrol cap, I'd like to take a sample...
citroen zx on straight veg oil - andymc {P}
Lee, if you do a search on the forum for the following threads:
Top Gear and cooking oil
First fill of biodiesel
- you'll find a lot of discussion of both biodiesel and cooking oil as fuel, as well as some links. To summarise a key issue, vegetable oil is more viscous than diesel and if you're not thinning it/diluting it with diesel/turning it into biodiesel, you'll need to modify your car by installing a preheating system and a small second fuel tank for start-up and shut down of the engine. If you don't have this, you will end up with vegetable oil gelled up in your fuel lines, injectors and pump. This is a particularly relevant issue in our cool climate. If you lived somewhere hot, it might not be necessary to do the adaptation. Using untreated veggie oil can also cause coking to occur.

Also, you are required by law to declare to Customs & Excise what you are doing and pay the duty of around 28p a litre (or is it 25.8p - can't remember) on the veggie oil you use as road fuel. Failure to do so could result in confiscation of your vehicle, a large fine and even (albeit unlikely) a custodial sentence. C&E have the right to check your tank for illegal fuel without a search warrant.
i am going to declare itg - leerichmond21
jh