Renault captur 1.5 d 0n a 65 plate - clutch judder - PaulR1

My wifes Captur bought from new has around 16000 miles on it. Over the last couple of weeks we've noticed the clutch snatches when pulling away, it's almost like you are dumping it as you drive off, this occures in 2nd and 3rd but to a lesser extent. It's a manual.

My wife knows how to drive and use a clutch so it's not her style of driving.

Anyone else had this problem? I've also noticed that the offside front wheel bearing appears to be making a noise and today the rear hatch failed to stay up when lifted.

A trip to the deal is in order.

Renault captur 1.5 d 0n a 65 plate - clutch judder - brum

Probably all classed as wear and tear items and not covered under warranty.

Renault captur 1.5 d 0n a 65 plate - clutch judder - SLO76
Give the dealer a chance to fix it. I've had a clutch replaced on a VWCaddy and a Honda CRV in recent years. In both cases they had developed a terrible judder from cold, the Caddy was almost undrivable until it warmed up.

Both had failed for different reasons but both manufacturers agreed to replace them foc despite the Caddy covering just shy of 20k and CRV 24k. Our local Honda dealer tried to fob us off with the usual "it's just a characteristic of the vehicle" and "it's down to your driving" but I bypassed them and involved Honda customer services who were spot on. Don't be afraid to contact the manufacturer yourself if the dealer is no help.
Renault captur 1.5 d 0n a 65 plate - clutch judder - gordonbennet

The latter two problems are or should be unquestionable warranty fixes but i'd be careful as to their reaction to the clutch issue, if they decide its wear and tear (they might) you want to know up front what the bill for a new clutch and probably DMF will be..before they dismantle it to inspect!.

If you have any good reliable indy's in your area i'd be inclined to get a quote or two for replacement with LUK or similar high grade OE quality parts...armed with that knowledge before you approach the service desk gives you a better idea which way to jump.

Good point about makers customer services, be intersting to see if they come up to Honda's idea of CS if the dealer won't play ball.

Edited by gordonbennet on 13/11/2016 at 22:27