KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - oldroverboy.

This might be the most boring and nicest update at the same time.

Car absolutely faultless. Bags of room, comfortable and excellent driving position. Fuel economy acceptable. doing house renovation has carried 8 foot fence posts, lots of bags of post mix. taking the old flooring to the recycling etc etc.

One very satisfied customer!

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - NARU

Similarly pleased with my Sorento. Now up to 4 months and 6000 miles. Fuel consumption is gradually getting better, too.

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - scot22

ORB, there was an article a few weeks ago about rust in a, I think it was, 5 year old Venga. A spokesman for Kia is supposed to have admitted a rust problem with the car. Have you heard anything related to rust in the Venga ? Is there anywhere KIA state anything re rust ?

Obviously concern relates to how old the car is when buying or how soon planning to change.

Pleased to read good report and apologise for possibly negative query.

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - John F

I found this paragraph in an on-line review.

" Kia has tuned the Kia Venga’s suspension for British roads, which means a UK Venga rides differently from one in Europe. Kia UK has gone to this trouble because it felt the Venga’s European specification was too stiff for our broken roads. "

I am increasingly ashamed to be British.

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - NARU

..Kia UK ... felt the Venga’s European specification was too stiff for our broken roads....

An astonishing number of British buyers want to buy their cars with 'idiot wheels' and low profile tyres of 18, 19, 20 inches - or even more!

If we were prepared to change to more sensible wheels, perhaps we might not have to have different suspension?

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - Avant

Many thanks, ORB. Glad all is well: a small car with a high driving position is what a lot of people want, and it's easy to overlook the Venga (and the similar Hyundai ix20).

Kia's pricing policy is curious. Looking at list prices, the Venga looks very good value against, say, the Renault Captur and Peugeot 2008, but bigger Kias like the Sportage and Sorento are at least as expensive as their competitors.

Many thanks, ORB. Glad all is well: a small car with a high driving position is what a lot of people want, and it's easy to overlook the Venga (and the similar Hyundai ix20).

Kia's pricing policy is curious. Looking at list prices, the Venga looks very good value against, say, the Renault Captur and Peugeot 2008, but bigger Kias like the Sportage and Sorento are at least as expensive as their competitors.

The Venga is not "fashonable" and generally fuel economy is no the best, butgood for what i use it for.

But, one of the best "compromise cars I have ever bought"

Indeed, will there be a new venga based on the new Rio for 2017, or will kia "push" people towards the Niro?

Kia retail pricing for the venga is silly, save £5000 (as i did buying a 6 month old ex demo or from motorpoint. I got mine from a main dealer (NMG) in Norwich who matched my best deal, giving a competitive px.

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - FoxyJukebox

Question plse--what sort of average MPG are you actually getting?

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - brum

Reviews like this are like "long term reviews" in motor magazines - 6000 miles / 9 months - useless.

Let us know what its like after 50,000 miles or 5 years+.

Reviews like this are like "long term reviews" in motor magazines - 6000 miles / 9 months - useless.

Let us know what its like after 50,000 miles or 5 years+.

What's up again today Mr Brum? so sorry if it upsets you....

It isn't a review, it is my opinion. for what that is worth..........

In 50,000 miles i won't have it (or 5 years)

What is important is that I am satisfied with the car and what it does for me and share my opinion with others who might just be interested.

Question plse--what sort of average MPG are you actually getting?

Mileage locally indicated at abot 36 ish via the display. really about 35..

On a run about 40 brim to brim, acceptable to me as the car is a bit of a brick aerodynamically, but does just what i want at a budget price and is comfortable for me.

KIA Venga 2 1.4 petrol manual - 9 months on 6000 miles - scot22

It is useful to have the opinions of a motorist (especially one who knows what he is talking about) on their experience with a car - old or new vehicle. Thanks for your posts ORB.