Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - RebeccaDean

I would like to buy an audi quattro 3.0L diesel automatic. I like the a5 and a7. Pros and cons of both? Please help make my decision!

Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - RaineMan

They are quite different cars in many areas including price. I am no Audi fan and if I could afford an A7 would buy two cars. Best way forward is to list what you want/need and go from there. Also take a proper test drive - cars can look good on paper but not suit in the metal...

Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - madf

Try parking them in confined spaces - eg multi story supermarkets.

Then choose something less difficult to park.

Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - brum

Neither of these cars have been crash tested for NCAP iirc. Unknown quantities as far as safety is concerned.

Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - Steveieb

Suggest you avoid the auto, which can cost up to £8k to repair when it fails.

Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - Oliver Mayo

The A5 is an ungainly looking thing, try as I might I can't learn to like it. It just looks wrong.

The A7 is a striking design with 4 doors and a swoopy back end. Looks the most distinctive Audi in their line up if you ask me.

Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - NAthan smith
A5 is a great car my white 2.0 tdi s line sportback is on gumtree for sale....
Quattro 3.0L diesel a5 or a7 - Which audi? A5 or a7? - Avant

I'd have thought it was mostly a matter of size, the A5 of course being smaller. It should be more lively than an A7 with the same engine. So decide on the size of car you want and go from there. The A5 can come with two or four side doors, as well as a cabriolet.

With most Audis (I can't swear to the A5 and A7) the automatic gearbox fitted to the 3-litre diesels (CVT) will lasty better than the one in the 2-litres (DSG).