seat ibiza connect 2016 - 7 digit postcode search on Seat built in sat navs - speccynerd

Hi

I tried to enter a 7 digit postcde on my built in sat nav, and found that it would apparently only accept the first 4 digits, after which the keypad 'greyed out'. The manual merely says click on 'postcode' but gives no further details.

I rang Seat customer services, who also appeared to think that their sat navs only accepted the first 4 digits. Many owners also believe this.

However, after searching various forums, I found a post which explained how to enter the rest of the postcode. You click on the 'symbol' key on the bottom right of the keypad, then the spacebar. You can then enter the remaining number and 2 letters! I have tried this and it works. I emailed Seat customer services and explained all this, and that the manual does not detail this procedure. I suggested that they update the manual, or update the user interface on the sat nav, which is the real problem. I have not received a reply. I have also found that Seat dealers are not aware of this issue either.

This is the full procedure -

Click on New Destination

Click on City

Click on Postcode

Click on ABC and type the first two letters

Click on 123 and type the first number

Click on the 'symbol key' ($&#) on the bottom right and then type a space

Type the next number

Click on ABC and type the rest of the postcode

Click on the postcode and OK

Hit Start

I am amazed that this situation has come about. 7 digit postcodes are essential on sat navs for convenience, and many destinations are only given in this format. For example, before I discovered the above, I tried to enter a country address which had no street address, only a 7 digit postcode. I had to find the nearest village on the map and try to find it from there.

How many owners of VW group cars are driving around unaware that they can use 7 digit postcodes?

Edited by speccynerd on 27/09/2016 at 10:12

seat ibiza connect 2016 - 7 digit postcode search on Seat built in sat navs - Cyd

Think yourself lucky. My Saab (2007) won’t take postcodes AT ALL. Any wonder I use Google Maps on my phone? And there are plenty of other makes that only take the first 4 digits of a postcode (useless!!).

seat ibiza connect 2016 - 7 digit postcode search on Seat built in sat navs - liammcl

yes , same on igo8 (£30 satnav ebay all of europe maps)

gotta put a space between the 1st 3 and the last 3