Ford fiesta econtec - heater - Phil Hadnutt

Hi I have been having trouble with my Fiesta 2011 air con on it only gives cold air, on this model what controls the tempeture .

On early model is done by a a valve but I can't find any mention in the haynes book I have it seems a bit vague ,

Any one got any any ideas what is wrong

Many thanks for reading this.

Edited by Phil Hadnutt on 19/09/2016 at 13:02

Ford fiesta econtec - heater - elekie&a/c doctor

These later model Fiestas have a blend flap that controls the hot/cold air.No electric valve.Have you checked the level of engine coolant?Good place to start.

Hi coolant level on min but have topped it up , any other ideas where is flap you mention on my car.

Many thanks for reply

Ford fiesta econtec - heater - elekie&a/c doctor

The hot/cold blend flap is located inside the heater box.You can't see it,but you should be able to check the mechanism that operates it when you adjust the hot/cold control knob.Does this car have regular heater or climate control?

Hi not sure about climate control it has air con , with air con turned of heater just gets warm not hot with air con on it is cold all the time

Cheers for getting back to me .

Well I am surprised but it seems to have worked I can't believe it is that critical .

Many thanks for your help

Saved me a visit to the garage

Pip

Ford fiesta econtec - heater - Fiesta-Ranger

On my ford fiesta, there is a component called Thermal Resistor, could be faulty. When it blows, your stuck with cold air. Mine kept blowing due to faulty heater motor. They are around £40-00 each inc labour. Only one is usually fitted. Thermal resistor could be faulty. I have my air-con all the time with warm/hot air, and controlled with temperature dial on dashboard. 3rd party garage will kindly look at thermal resistor for you. Thermal resistors are only available from Ford directly. No 3rd party distributor for part i'm afraid.

Edited by Anthony Jenkinson on 11/11/2016 at 19:28