Volkswagen Passat Estate - VW Letter - fredthefifth

Hi, please just go telling to just get it done, this is my car not a company / lease car and I am very happy with the engine as it is and don't want to risk the upgrade and some of the side effects that have been reported.

I would appreciate views on the attached letter though. They are clearly trying it make sound like it I have to have it done, but as the saying goes, they would wouldn't they!!

I'm still not going to get it done but I'm wondering where this is going and anyone else getting these?

Here's the letter.

Page 1

Page 2

Hopefully the links work, let me know if not please.

Volkswagen Passat Estate - VW Letter - gordonbennet

The legal side i haven't a clue about.

There is one mention in the first page that tells me all i would need to know, ''no change to maximum torque''.

Just as with politicians and other sales people, its the way they state things, or rather what they don't say, which speaks the loudest.

That phrase says to me that whilst maximum torque might not be affected, the torque curve will be.

I'd be wanting to drive other cars the same as mine that have been altered before i would allow the work to be done.

Thank you GB. I think i might respond in writing asking for a comparison of the before and after torque curves.

Volkswagen Passat Estate - VW Letter - mickeybay

Please also see my post earlier...

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=115923

Sadly, the discussion veers off into AddBlue which has nothing to do with the EA189 engine as I would still like someone to challenge my conspiracy theories :-)

Also, try to watch the video that I found thanks to one of the contributors - see my reply down the thread.

I will.

Interesting development

Edited by fredthefifth on 19/09/2016 at 04:10

Volkswagen Passat Estate - VW Letter - mickeybay

Yes, interesting, thanks, but still no explanation of why a 'fix' is needed if they pass the UK test with the cheating software in place but allegedly without it being invoked.

Remember, we have been told consistently that the cheat was only invoked for the USA test and in no other circumstances.