Ford Focus Estate - Instrument Cluster problem - Geoff Lee

Hi

can anyone confirm if the Ford replacement of the Instrument Cluster for £99 is still in effect as mine has now started to go wrong, in 2008 watchdog and Ford agreed to exchange it as they produced a new version to fit in Ford cars from 1998-2005.

I have just contacted my local dealer and they have said because it's about 11 years they no longer do and would cost over £600 to replace. ...my answer is I don't think so and I want mine changed as it is a Ford fault

Thanks

Ford Focus Estate - Instrument Cluster problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Doubt if Ford will fix this at 11 years old.What,s the problem with yours?These are usually fixable for a lot less than £600.

Hi

3 of my dials go to zero when driving and lots of warning lights on dash come on but no loss of power etc in engine

Ford Focus Estate - Instrument Cluster problem - Falkirk Bairn

WD40 solution!!

howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=133143

Thanks will try and let u know

Ford Focus Estate - Instrument Cluster problem - peter moss

This sounds like a case of dry joints common with french cars , the french like things to be biodegradeable lead free and non violent so use solder manufactured to EU standards but it has a hi alloy content , take a piece of EU solder and put next to a hi lead content one and you will see the EU one is very stiff whereas the hi lead one is softer , dependent on your skill set you just take it out and use decnt solder on all of the connections on the board ,

11 years is trucking on VW call 7 years end of life there are a lot of companies that re solder these ciruit boards and check them ,

If your going to keep it get a board from the breakers resolder all of the connections and then put that one in re do yours and you got a spare one !