Renault Clio II - clio ecu swap - gordon pringle

Can anyone advise here please.

I need to do an ECU swap on a clio 1.5dci (delphi)

I can download the old units data with clip and upload to the new unit but this does not transfer the immo coding so it won't start. Renault state that the ecu cant be have this data re-written but I'm hearing that it can be done although no one can tell me how !

Renault Clio II - clio ecu swap - Metropolis.

A friend of mine had an X reg clio. Car would turn over but not start. We fitted one of these: www.remotekey.co.uk/renault/632-2/

Plugs straight into a socket under the ash tray and is then totally hidden. Well worth £85 quid although it does mean you no longer have an effective immobiliser for security purposes.

That won't work for me as the issue I have is the body ecu needs to talk to the engine module to release the immo... the unit you describe just tells the body module the car has a key but it then can't talk the the engine ecu as they hold differnt codes.

Thanks very much for the info though :)

Renault Clio II - clio ecu swap - elekie&a/c doctor

Yes,it can be done,but you will need to find an electronics engineer that can read and lift the appropriate info from the old microprocessor and transfer it to the replacement unit.This cannot be done via the diagnostic system.

I kind of thought that, probs easier just to get an ecu and key set complete I'd think then.