Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - Papoose

Hello,

Out of a Toyota auris,mazda 3 and ford focus (all 2008 model) which is the most realiable and cheap to run?Any advise will be helpful.Thanx

Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - Auristocrat

Petrol or diesel?

Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - Papoose
Petrol
Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - sandy56

I found the AURIS to be very comfortable, quiet and very reliable. I had mine three years.

Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - Boroman
I have '13 plate Auris 1.6 Excel which has been 100% reliable for the 18 months I've had it. The valvetronic engine is old school petrol I.e. needs revs to shift, but is economical and smooth. Seats are comfortable; it's a quiet cruiser, more so on Cross-Climate tyres and I would have another without hesitation.
Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - Auristocrat

I'vI've had two first generation (2007-2012) Auris - both petrol with stop/start.

2009 and 2012 models. One warranty issue on each - broken cupholder (2009) and faulty tailgate strut (2012) and both fixed under warranty.

No other issues.

Comfortable. Roomy. Did all that we wanted reliably.

Would certainly buy another.

Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - pork_pie

I have the Auris HSD Estate and I really like it - spacious, and frugal.

My father has the 1.6 CVT hatchback and they do exactly what it says on the tin.

Granted they not the most exciting car in the world to drive and the interior leaves a lot to be desired (wide always makes fun of that casio clock) but they are good cars.

There are lots of 1.6s on the used Toyota site and are well priced. The Icon Plus has all the toys you need.

Toyota Auris - Which car to choose - Benet

I've been using a 2010 Auris 1.4 petrol daily for the last year and it is very comfortable, roomy and well-equipped. Great positive steering, smooth ride, quiet. Only have to fill up every two weeks, with a 40 mile a day round trip. Not very fast of course, but British made, and somehow remniscient of a Triumph or Rover. Recommended.

Edited by Benet on 01/09/2016 at 17:20