Nissan X-Trail - Family SUV recommendations - £25k - Eddy Hall

Hi all,

In anticipation of the new arrival of our 3rd baby I am looking to upgrade our 2010 Skoda Superb Combi to a 7-seater SUV.

Budget is £25k flexible and the prime contenders seem to be a nearly-new Nissan X-Trail or a 2013/2014 XC90.

I am looking for opinions on these and any choices that I might not be seeing. I am spiritually opposed to MPVs and keen on boot space, quiet driving, and enough grunt in the low end to move. No need for towing.

Cheers,

Eddy

Nissan X-Trail - Family SUV recommendations - £25k - RT

Hyundai Santa Fe and it's sibling Kia Sorento are the value options - with extra value from their long warranties - 5 years / unlimited mileage on the Hyundai and 7 years / 100,000 miles on the Kia.

Nissan X-Trail - Family SUV recommendations - £25k - gordonbennet

Hyundai Santa Fe and it's sibling Kia Sorento are the value options

Thats where my dosh would be going too.

Nissan X-Trail - Family SUV recommendations - £25k - oldroverboy.

Hyundai Santa Fe and it's sibling Kia Sorento are the value options

My vote too! Sorrento 2.2d

I am looking into the Sorento now - thanks for the tip. I had seen the Santa Fe and Sorento around but what discarding them out of hand - not a great idea.

Nissan X-Trail - Family SUV recommendations - £25k - Falkirk Bairn

Quite a few Nissan Xtrails have autobox problems!

Interesting - I would likely be taking the manual Xtrail but the XC90 is only availablie in an auto

If you want prestige, a 2014 Audi Q7 is within your budget - but insurance/maintenance are in line with it's original price tag.

There is of course the 7-seat Skoda Kodiaq launching soon - based on the VW Tiguan.

Edited by RT on 22/08/2016 at 10:42

The Q7 is an interesting idea but the mileage and ongoing expenses would be a burden. I would rather have something less prestigious and a bit more "normal".

Nissan X-Trail - Family SUV recommendations - £25k - gordonbennet

Very sensible Eddy Hall, a Q7 is as far from prestigious as its possible to be, i can think of several alternative terms to describe the vehicle and contents though.

:-)

This is going to be a family car, not a penis pump!

The Kodiaq has really got me thinking.

I love the Superb (we have a very high spec 2.0D auto) and I would love the same in 7 seats. I am keeping my eyes open for the 1st September launch of pricing. If we can get something not too dissimilar for £18 or 19k + trade-in I would be happy.

AutoExpress reckon it'll start about £23,000 - start chatting to your local Skoda dealer!