FIAT Panda 2011 Dynamic Petrol 1.2 manual - Timing Belt /Water pump replacement kit - silverback

Does anyone know if there is a genuine Fiat kit for the above including tensioners pump etc or are the kits available separately? If so is there a recomended retail price for the kit(s)?

Is there a book time available for both jobs together or do the individual jobs book times not duplicate work?

I've had such widely varying costs quoted by Fiat dealers in various locations within 50 miles (from £220 for both Timing Belt and Water pump change to £450 for the Timing belt change alone (parts and labour including VAT) with extra cost for the water pump! so that I am totally confused just how much is a reasonable cost at a main dealer.

I've seen 3rd party kits for both from under £50 to around £130.

At just under 5 years old the vehicle has under 25000 miles on the clock, but Fiat say change the belt every 5 years and the recommendation appears to be to change the pump at the same time.

Thanks

FIAT Panda 2011 Dynamic Petrol 1.2 manual - Timing Belt /Water pump replacement kit - hardway

It's around 2.5 hours plus parts.

I always try to use "Gates" belts,

Around £40 and the pump is around £30+.

So your £220 price is reasonable.

Never had a problem with them and the Gates kit,

Comes with a neat sticker for when the jobs done that you fill in and stick in an easy to spot place under the bonnet.

FIAT Panda 2011 Dynamic Petrol 1.2 manual - Timing Belt /Water pump replacement kit - RobJP

HJ (personally) has one of these, which I think he's had from new, and had the waterpump changed with the cambelt. I seem to recall him saying that the waterpump was starting to fail / leak, so yes, it is very sensible to get it changed at the same time.

FIAT Panda 2011 Dynamic Petrol 1.2 manual - Timing Belt /Water pump replacement kit - silverback

Thanks. I've found that booking the job on-line via the Fiat website most dealer's price is said to be £199 without the water pump - including the dealer we phoned who quoted the price as £450!