Renault Radio - stefanta
I have a 98 T Renault Laguna and I want to get a new stereo (CD player) for it, because the standard one is a bit naff, before I go shopping for one I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.

1. The Laguna is fitted with a Radio contol thing, on the steering column, which means you never have to take your hands of the steering wheel to control it (I\'m sure you get the picture) and also the actual cd player doesn\'t have a display, it\'s on the top of the dash (like on vectra\'s).....Would stereos bought today be compatiable with these as I\'d like to keep these features.

2. reading through these forums, what does SWMBO mean????

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Renault Radio - DavidHM
1. I'm not aware of any stereos that support the Laguna's display on the top of the dash, unfortunately, unless you buy one from Renault. You might be able to find one more cheaply on ebay or from a crashed car in a scrapyard. I'm sure some Lagunas of that generation had CD players as standard. You can buy an adaptor for Renault remote controls and Sony stereos, and possibly some others on newer cars like yours.

2. She who must be obeyed - a slightly derogatory and IMO sexist, though widely used on here, slang for a girlfriend or wife.
Renault Radio - Dave_TD
Typing "Renault Laguna Stereo Display" into Google gave me this, and lots more besides...

www.incardiscount.co.uk/acatalog/SC_RENAULT.html

Hth.

(Hope This Helps.)
Renault Radio - frostbite
2. She who must be obeyed - a slightly derogatory and
IMO sexist

Surely, affectionate?