Golf 110tdi turbo problems - P E
I bought this car a 98 S last August from a franchised VW dealer. Intially I had a few problems (wheel bearing, Central Locking etc) that the salesman said weren\'t there when I picked it up. Anyway got them sorted on the extended warranty.

Lately though, while driving with my mate in my car he said that it seemed to lack power compared to his similar golf diesel. So I had it checked out at another franchised dealer. This dealer phoned me the same day to ask if any work had been done on my car since I bought it. None has been done.

He said that one of the pipes leading to the turbo had been bent and another disconnected resulting in a pretty major problem. A new turbo is going to be fitted under warranty. My question is, should this, along with the other faults, have been picked up on in the pre delivery checks in the first instance? Also what sort of approach should I take with the original garage in displaying my displeasure with them?

I realise I am whistling into the wind but would welcome any comments.

Cheers

Patreeko
Golf 110tdi turbo problems - Dave_TD
I bought this car a 98 S last August from a
franchised VW dealer.
A new turbo is going to be fitted under warranty.

My question is, should this, along with the other faults, have
been picked up on in the pre delivery checks in the
first instance? Also what sort of approach should I take with
the original garage in displaying my displeasure with them?

Yes it should have been picked on the PDI at your supplying dealer, but it sounds as though they are being more than fair in rectifying the problems under warranty! There is always the possibility that it genuinely isn't their fault, but they are still getting the car right for you.

If you're displeased with the supplying dealer, then the solution would be simply to not buy another car from them.
At the very least you should arrange for a mechanical inspection by the AA/RAC/whoever on your next purchase!
Golf 110tdi turbo problems - P E
Pretty much my thoughts Dave. The original dealer is not doing the work on it and will not be touching my car again. Since this happened I have heared of a few people dissatisfied with this dealership.

The garage doing the work though are very reliable and helpful though.