Ford Focus - Ford Focus MK2 creaking and clunking on take off - Paddy94
Hey guys, Hoping someone can hopefully shed of light on this noise of mine before I leave the car in to a garage.

On my MK2 focus, I've started to get a 'CreakcreakcreakCLUNK' sound on acceleration or going up a steep ramp or hill in second gear. I've also been getting this noise if I go over a very bad pothole or bump in the road.

Basically, Anything but very, very gentle acceleration from a stop will make this weird noise. I've been thinking maybe an engine mount or Driveshaft?

Once you're driving along the car is fine, it's just those few seconds when the car frist takes off do you get this sound.

Really confused here and hope someone can help out.

Thanks.

Edit: To add, it sounds and 'feels' like it's coming from the front middle of the car, like between the two front seats.

Edited by Paddy94 on 30/07/2016 at 21:54

Ford Focus - Ford Focus MK2 creaking and clunking on take off - Bolt
Hey guys, Hoping someone can hopefully shed of light on this noise of mine before I leave the car in to a garage. On my MK2 focus, I've started to get a 'CreakcreakcreakCLUNK' sound on acceleration or going up a steep ramp or hill in second gear. I've also been getting this noise if I go over a very bad pothole or bump in the road. Basically, Anything but very, very gentle acceleration from a stop will make this weird noise. I've been thinking maybe an engine mount or Driveshaft? Once you're driving along the car is fine, it's just those few seconds when the car frist takes off do you get this sound. Really confused here and hope someone can help out. Thanks. Edit: To add, it sounds and 'feels' like it's coming from the front middle of the car, like between the two front seats.

I would get it looked at anyway but suspect a possible CV joint cracked ?
Ford Focus - Ford Focus MK2 creaking and clunking on take off - hardway
I'd suspect the gearbox to chassis mounting.
It's right about where you say the noise is coming from.