Renault espace 2.2 diesel - Lack of power - littleolliez
Where do I begin. Randomly get error message injection system fault. I've replaced the egr valve as someone suggested that. When I took the old one out it was sooted up well but also had some oil on it so went completely new. Since then it's been running worse keep getting the same message as before but now it seems like the turbo doesn't cut in. No strange noises no smoke just no turbo. Don't think it's in limp mode as it still revs up to restricter if you dip the clutch. Please has anyone got a clue as I'm out of ideas now also money the thing has cost me more than I paid for it in just over a year. The car was bought for me before I get the shouldn't touch them. Lol. I'm learning that the expensive way.
Renault espace 2.2 diesel - Lack of power - hardway
Where do I begin,
Randomly fitting parts because someone suggested that.
No wonder your running out of money.
Fit a fuel filter.
Get it scanned.
If you haven't worked it out just buying parts is guessing and you've seen what that get's you!
Renault espace 2.2 diesel - Lack of power - littleolliez
Fuel filter was changed in May so wouldn't have thought it was that. Why I replaced the egr valve was because after I cleaned it it still wasn't shutting properly which with all that was going on is pretty typical of a the valve staying open. Think your right about scanning it though just hope it points straight to the problem.
Renault espace 2.2 diesel - Lack of power - Fernando P
This seems to be a continuation of the problems you described in May (2016), when you reported, from what I recall, that the timing belt had been replaced. You did not respond to my suggestion that the timing was incorrectly set up...!