Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - Steveieb
The Sandero has got to be the bargain of the year with prices still advertised at £5995.

But has anyone on this site bought the basic model and have any experience or regrets about buying one?
Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - oldroverboy.
Does what it says on the tin.
i drove a stepway, but with the diesel engine, but impressed all the same.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=112929 is a logan

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=112772
Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - diddy1234
Can't help with the Sandero but I did test drive the Duster and was that impressed I brought one (not the basic spec though)
Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - daveyK_UK
The Logan MCV is the best one in the Dacia range IMO

the Sandero is a decent car, and the price makes it an absolute bargain although for £695 more I would go for the mid spec ambiance trim.
Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - focussed
I have never driven one - I wouldn't want one - but, here, in France they appear to be selling like hot cakes, very popular, and don't see the roadsides and laybys liittered with broken down examples!
Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - joegrundy
My son bought a Sandero Ambience 1.2 a year ago. In for first service next week (9k miles). No problems whatsoever with the car.
The extra money for the Ambience is definitely worth it - it brings electric front windows, central locking, radio/cd/usb/bluetooth and some trim/paint differences which make it look better. (He bought a full size spare wheel and tyre from 'mytyre' for £80 delivered - there is a full size well in the boot.)
Good space and comfort, slightly raised driving position, easy access via wide-opening doors. Very good practical boot/hatch space.
It suits the roads here (rural west Wales) very well, staying comfortable over ropey surfaces.
I wondered whether the basic 1.2 75 bhp engine would be powerful enough. It is as long as you use it. It's very willing, likes to be revved, and will happily cruise at motorway speeds. I think it's happier at 80 than it is at 70 - not surprising given its French origins.
Overall mpg has been about 45-47 over mostly town and rural journeys with some motorway work.
I'd certainly recommend them, and intend to get one when my current car expires, but might go for the Logan (a bargain at £1,000 more).
Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - joegrundy
I can also report that a friend who is a local taxi driver has a diesel Stepway (same size as a Sandero but raised by 20mm - it's licensed for 4 passengers). It's just coming up to two years old, nearly 60k miles.
He's very happy with it - no problems at all.

Edited by joegrundy on 29/07/2016 at 22:06

Dacia Sandero - Are they all that bad ? - Bracket

The basic 1.2 Access is just that. Basic. Reliability is good, but lack of air-con and electric mirrors might not be fun.

They drive well, though, so as a town car or a commuter the Access model could be enough.

Edited by Bracket on 04/08/2016 at 10:32