Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - kmberkshire

Hello

My MPV has done about 39k miles and has just delivered to me from the service (official Mazda). As soon as I started the car, the DPF light was on and remained on during my entire drive home.

I will check with the garage tomorrow but can anybody advise why this is the case. I want to make sure that I understand this when I discuss it with Mazda.

Thank you.

Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - craig-pd130

I'm not sure why the light's on but it needs sorting - don't be fobbed off by the dealer!

Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - 3uga

I'm not shure but i think your dpf needs replacement at that mileage, but to have it blink just after a service is weird and could be the services fault

Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - Gibbo_Wirral

replacement after 39k? Surely they last double that?

Chances are some wire or connector has been disturbed, unplugged or damaged during the service.

Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - Railroad.

39,000 miles is very low for a 6 year old diesel car. You should be doing at least half that again. Short journeys will seriously reduce the service life of your DPF, and if these cannot be avoided I'd consider exchanging your car for a petrol model.

Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - Halmerend

He might be doing one journey a day of 17.8 miles which would be more than enough to keep the DPF sprightly ;)

He might be doing one journey a day of 17.8 miles which would be more than enough to keep the DPF sprightly ;)

Yeah, I bet his house is on a motorway slip road too.
Mazda5 2010 - DPF light on after service - Halmerend
Why would he need to live near a motorway slip road to do a long journey

Edited by RobertT on 17/07/2016 at 12:54

17 miles is hardly s long journey, and even assuming he did do that every day half of that mileage would be the engine warming up, during which time no DPF regeneration either passive or active would take place. Passive regeneration would occur when the engine is at normal operating temperature and the exhaust is sufficiently hot enough to allow it to happen. This is best achieved at constant speeds of typically 50mph and above. Active regenerations occur when the ECM decides the conditions are correct to do so, and town driving does not meet those conditions. Short local journeys are not good for DPFs.