Renault Clio Campus (08) - Value of my Car - RKMaxwell96

I currently own an 08 Renault Clio Campus, it has only done 26,000 miles, has a full service history and was in immaculate condition. However it is going to be wrote off due to someone going into the passenger side. I payed just short of £3500 for the car and i was wondering wether yiou would be able to let me know what its value would be and how much i should get and expect for it. Thanks

Renault Clio Campus (08) - Value of my Car - gordonbennet

Whatever you get it sounds worth buying back with a view to getting it fixed by a one man and his dog bodyshop and keeping it.

Renault Clio Campus (08) - Value of my Car - daveyK_UK

I would be amazed if its worth anymore than £800

Renault Clio Campus (08) - Value of my Car - Wee Willie Winkie

Autotrader has Campus models around that age and mileage for between £2k and £2.5k.

Renault Clio Campus (08) - Value of my Car - Engineer Andy

Autotrader has Campus models around that age and mileage for between £2k and £2.5k.

That's not what its worth - that's what sellers think their car is worth. Two very different things. HJ's 'Pricing' section gives a range of figures, from the 'dealership' price to pay (highest, more matching your figure) to PX (lowest). I would say its probably worth somewhere around the £1500 mark that they'd get if they sold it privately, not what you'd have to pay at a dealership to buy it (as that includes their profit margin).

Low mileage won't make that much of a difference on an 8yo old small car (maybe £100 tops) - its mechanical, electrical and structural condition and reliability/FSH that is more important on older cars.

Why is the general advice given to look at autotrader to argue a derisory insurance write off offer then?

Renault Clio Campus (08) - Value of my Car - bathtub tom

Why is the general advice given to look at autotrader to argue a derisory insurance write off offer then?

Because if your car's being written off, then you want the maximum money you can get. The implications here are that Autotrader prices are inflated.

Well I assume the original poster might want the maximum value if his is written off, hence referring to Autotrader prices.