Ford Focus 2008 1.6tdci 110ps - Bleeding the cooling sistem on 1.6 tdci 110ps - 3uga

Hi !

I'm having EGR problems with my car so I'm trying to elminiate the problem step by step. Egr works fine, the signal is ok and as a last solution before taking the cable step by step to check if the wiring is at fault, I've taken the EGR piping and radiator down and gave it a good cleaning. EGR gases on this model are liquid cooled using the engine coolant and by removing the egr radiator I've lost some coolant. Now that I have toped it off to the max level some air came out but in order to "corectly"bleed the sistem most cars have a bleeder valve wich I have not managed to locate on my car.

Any sugestions?

Ford Focus 2008 1.6tdci 110ps - Bleeding the cooling sistem on 1.6 tdci 110ps - 3uga

Does anyone know of a bleeder valve?

Ford Focus 2008 1.6tdci 110ps - Bleeding the cooling sistem on 1.6 tdci 110ps - elekie&a/c doctor

No bleed valve on these.Run engine with the expansion bottle cap loose and turn on heater to check for hot water flow.Coolant should rise and fall in the tank until all air is removed.You may need to switch engine off/on a few times while the water circulates.

Ford Focus 2008 1.6tdci 110ps - Bleeding the cooling sistem on 1.6 tdci 110ps - hardway

I would add that running the engine at a fast idle say 1500 rpm cab help.

Did it. Thanks for the help ! :)