Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 Diesel 2008 08 reg - Steering Problem advise, cannot seem to resolve - trebor1

This car has a permanent tendency to pull (some times sharply) both to the left or right regardless of road camber, so much so that it makes the drivers arm and wrist ache as you continually need to keep the steering weighted/corrected to maintain the car in the straight ahead position. Bizarly sometimes it does not pull at all but this is rarer! Likewise under very heavy breaking it will often pull either randomly to the left or right.

So far the car has been into two garages and I have spent circa £800 on Tyres, Track rod ends, brake callipers, brake pads, drop links , a front wheel bearing and on two occasions full four wheel alignment. Both garages have no further idea on what is causing this. It has a new MOT and no broken springs or leaking shockers visible and no accident damage repairs visible.

Does anyone have any experience of this?, I 'upgraded' from my original same model outlander of 4 years that drove faultlessly to this one as it was a higher spec and lower mileage but it is awful by comparison. Can any one offer sensible advise?

Thanks

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 Diesel 2008 08 reg - Steering Problem advise, cannot seem to resolve - Peter.N.

Does it have lower profile tyres than your previous car and when you replaced the tyres were they of the same type? Sounds as though it may be following groves in the road surface. Does it drive OK on a perfectly smooth road?

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 Diesel 2008 08 reg - Steering Problem advise, cannot seem to resolve - trebor1
Yes they are larger lower profile on alloy wheels ( factory fit)

Continental cross contacts 225/55 r18

Same make all around.

Any one else have a outlander with same issue? If the car handles this poorly on these wheels maybe i should replace with steels and standard tyres?