Vauxhall Zafira A - Rear left light & left Brake light not working - susheel

Hi,

I have Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 2007 petrol. I have faced the issue from few days the Rear left back light and rear left break light is not working. Right side is OK. I have faced this issue some time back than automatticaly OK again. but this time its not recovered again.

Bulb are ok. I have tried with my spare bulb from my emergency Kit. New bulb s also not working.

Please let me know what should I do ?

Regards

Susheel

Vauxhall Zafira A - Rear left light & left Brake light not working - Topdude

Hi, time to get the tools out, you have bad or burnt connections to the light unit or connector. Remove the light unit, clean all connections on the unit and connecting plug.

Vauxhall Zafira A - Rear left light & left Brake light not working - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Often caused by the manufacturer's use of dissimilar metals in the internal connections of the light unit. As we know, corrosion occurs when dissimilar metals are in contact, but the manufacturers pay no heed to this simple fact. Here we aren't talking about visible corrosion, just that film of oxidation which stops the current flow. Possibly in the earth run seeing as how both filaments are not working.

Edited by MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom on 28/05/2016 at 19:49

Vauxhall Zafira A - Rear left light & left Brake light not working - elekie&a/c doctor
If this is a 2007 model,then it will be a Zafira B,which has electronic control of the lighting system.The stop tail bulb is single filament with variable voltage applied,depending on whether tail or stop function is being used.Could be a wiring fault,or problems with the rear electric module,if fitted.