Jaguar F-Type Convertible - Jaguar F-Type Reversing Camera - Bigsphinx

The camera in my daughter's F-Type is all but useless and I'm wondering if something is wrong with it.

The screen shows the usual markings for distance and the dotted line for very close. However the camera makes distances look enormous when in reality they are anything but.

I have a similar system in my Civic, with the markings and so on, but I can see exactly how far away objects are behind the car. The garage door, when I reverse towards it, looks about a metre away when it actually is, whereas the Jaguar makes it look more like 10 metres.

Is this usual for Jaguar cameras and is there a fix?

Jaguar F-Type Convertible - Jaguar F-Type Reversing Camera - Paulsxf

I would say quite normal. My XF has a very wide angle camera as well. I think they need to be to include all of the area that the car could touch. You just get used to it with time.

Jaguar F-Type Convertible - Jaguar F-Type Reversing Camera - Bigsphinx

I would say quite normal. My XF has a very wide angle camera as well. I think they need to be to include all of the area that the car could touch. You just get used to it with time.

Thanks for the reply. So it's normal.

Which I think is pretty poor as the camera in my car is wide angle – I can see what is coming along the road before reversing out of a parking space in a car park. Yet it does not make distances look enormous when in reality they are anything but. The Jaguar camera gives a false sense of security and it would be all to easy to reverse too fast for the distance avaiable.