Hyundai I30 - I30 Air-conditioning - 2010Jagman

Girlfriends car (2012 I30 auto) has recently had a problem with the air conditioning, according to the main dealers the Evaporator behind the dash has a leak(and not the condenser by the rad that I was expecting).

Just waiting for the garage to confirm that it will be repaired under warranty, though have been told it could be weeks before a decision is made. understand it is a major job with the dash having to come out.

however have been told that only the evaporator willl be changed and the reciever/dryer will not be renewed. I always believed that the dryer should be replaced any time the ac system is open to the atmosphere and now it is likely to be open for a month or so.

would welcome any comments,

Hyundai I30 - I30 Air-conditioning - elekie&a/c doctor

I just hope their diagnosis is correct and that the job will be covered under warranty.This is a massive job and does require removal of the dash.No need to replace the dryer if all the pipework is sealed up while the system is open.The dryer is probaly not a stand alone part,and in common with most modern cars,it is part of the condenser.

Hyundai I30 - I30 Air-conditioning - Cyd

facia removal is a huge job as Lekie says. A significant portion of people who've had this done report all sort of squeaks and rattles afterward. They rarely go back in as well as they were built.

I would suggest you take the service manager out for a ride before it's done and agree that it's solid and quiet, so you have some comeback after if it's noisey.

Anti-squeak tape can work wonders!

Hyundai I30 - I30 Air-conditioning - RT

facia removal is a huge job as Lekie says. A significant portion of people who've had this done report all sort of squeaks and rattles afterward. They rarely go back in as well as they were built.

I would suggest you take the service manager out for a ride before it's done and agree that it's solid and quiet, so you have some comeback after if it's noisey.

Anti-squeak tape can work wonders!

And if he manages to put it back squeak-free, ask him to do the same for all the other Hyundai's where the owners complain of dashboard squeaks!

Hyundai I30 - I30 Air-conditioning - galileo

My i30 has been squeak and rattle free; however, my previous car, (new Toyota Corolla) had a rattle behind the dashboard which, however, the dealer fixed in one day, so remove and refit can be done successfully.