Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - Mitchmit hell

hi i bought a hyundai i40 dieseil with 40000 miles from arnold clark last week the said it has full service history but when i checked the service book it has no stamps the said they are trying to track the last owner to veryfi they have serviced it where does that leave me

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - RT

Remind them it's an offence under Trades Description to falsely advertise something material the car doesn't have - and that if they don't produce the evidence within 7 days you'll reject the car and get your money back.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - gordonbennet

Might be worth calling into the Hyundai dealer and see if its on their service system, if it isn't and no other proof forthcoming i suggest you start the rejection process quickly.

thanks for advice. have advised dealer looking for resolution in 7 days. also talked to hyundai uk who have no service record. so just waiting to see how matter can be resolvrd thanks

If Hyundai UK have no service record, then it has no history - and certainly has no 5-year warranty.

Start the rejection process now.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - Cyd

If Hyundai UK have no service record, then it has no history - and certainly has no 5-year warranty.

Start the rejection process now.

Just in case you weren't listening, Mitch:

If Hyundai UK have no service record, then it has NO history - and certainly has NO 5-year warranty.

Start the rejection process NOW.

If you can, get Hyundai UK to confirm this in writing (email) to you, so you can use it as evidence when rejecting. Either that or repeat the phone call and record it (I use ACR app on android).

thanks everybody for your advice hyundai says even though they have no record the service might have been done by a independent garage as long as they are vat registerd and use genuine hyundai parts but arnold clark cant get hold of the last owner to verify if has been serviced so i have rejected the car and waiting for arnold clark to get back to me hopefully tomorrow thanks again

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - daveyjp
Please keep us updated. Don't take flannel, demand a full refund.

And next time

1- avoid Arnold Clark. They have been known as Arnold Shark in their native Scotland for decades!
2-Never believe anything a salesman says. If they say a car has FSH ask for evidence before buying. No evidence no buy.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - martint123

ISTR Hyundai do not use the service booklet for proof. They insist on seeing receipts for work done.

It is of course nice to have a stamped service booklet!

I can't be the only one who'd love to nip under this car and check the oil and air filter, see what make they are.

Hope they honour the rejection, checking with the previous owner now seems a trifle late.

hi the latest is arnold clark said they will cover the remaining 2 year warranty that is left on the vehicle i was wondering if that is a good deal or do you think i should reject the vehicle thanks any advice would be appreciated

So they lied in the first place about it having full service history, how could they know it had one without having seen it.

I'd reject it out of hand due to that alone, if you do decide to consider the offer what exact warranty are they offering, couple of years of standard used car after market warranty worth the square root of naff all, or are they going to write to you stating in clear terms that this car will have bumper to bumper total warranty covering everything the maker would?

Nothing the sales staff say would i listen to (never do), they have already proved themselves dishonest in the advertisment, i would go only by whats put in writing from this moment on.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - daveyjp

You are then getting yourself into ever more of a relationship with Arnold Clark - a company that has already shown they are incompetent - and you will need to go through the warranty they offer with a fine tooth comb to ensure it is what they say.

With a genuine FSH the car would benefit from the 5 year Hyundai warranty (although from my sister's experience they squirm to pay out once the 5 years approaches), but this is better than having to argue in 18 months time what was agreed by someone who has porbably moved on.

Reject and move on.

hi its now they wii cover 2 years warranty and we bought a package for 3 services and 3 mot which cost £450 pounds they will give us back the £450 and cover the 3 services and 3 mot

hi its now they wii cover 2 years warranty and we bought a package for 3 services and 3 mot which cost £450 pounds they will give us back the £450 and cover the 3 services and 3 mot

So thats some form of compo sweetener whichis worth having, but still doesn't answer the main question, is this two year cover a standard aftermarket warranty or are they guaranteeing in writing to offer the same cover that Hyundai would have for the remainder of the 5 years.

If the engine or gearbox goes pop and jack spot's aftermarket warranty ltd refuses quoting the usual wear and tear mate get out, that £450 sweetener might cover the gasket set, or are they giving you an open 'we'll fix it whatever happens' guarantee on official headed paper.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - slkfanboy

Might be worth calling into the Hyundai dealer and see if its on their service system, if it isn't and no other proof forthcoming i suggest you start the rejection process quickly.

I agree and do it yourself. No sure about Hyundai, but with a Jag I purchased the service book was lost. Before purchasing I tracked the orginal dealer and they had the full history.

Reject anyway - any warranty that AC cover means you'd have to take it back to them, and they don't have a good reputation - without a Hyundai warranty, any Hyundai is worth a lot less even with a dealer warranty.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - Ian_SW

I'd almost put money on this car never having been serviced, and the previous owner was a hire car company. I've had a couple of hire cars recently, both about 2 years old with about 37k on the clock. Both were sounding pretty rough with the 'service overdue' light on. One of them even popped up a message warning 'service overdue by 18000 miles!

Both looked like they'd been fitted with new tyres fairly recently, but that was probably the only maintenance they'd ever seen since new. The hire car company weren't particularly interested as it was due to go back soon. Some poor soul is probably driving around in it thinking they had bought a 'nearly new' car!

In the case of this Hyundai, reject it while you can is definitely my advice.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - RobJP

I have to agree with previous posts.

AC have LIED to you about it having FSH when you bought it.

That is an offence.

Now they are making all sorts of vague promises about future warranty.

Would you trust promises from someone who has already lied to you ?

Reject the car NOW. The clock is ticking.

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - slkfanboy

What warranty is going to cover a broken turbo which has been gunked up with oil , do to lack of servicing?

hi went into arnold clark this morning to reject the car they said i would get a full refund within the next 24 hous hopefully it shoud be resolved by tomorrow thanks for all the advice

thanks for all the advice i finally got a full refund on monday and hopefully the check will clear today or tomorrow cheers mitch

Hyundai i40 diesel - service history - oldroverboy.

Interesting, and thanks for telling us..

Indeed many thanks, nice when the OP comes back and updates the thread, not enough of that.

Good result - and thanks for the update.