Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury June 2015 - Navigation system - support for speed alert - IanVN

Have just bought an ex-demonstrator only to find out that the sat-nav does not support speed alert.

Can I get a speed camera database added as POI's so I get alerts? My dealer says they don't know if this is possible.

Is there anyone who can supply a suitable SD card with map and camera database pre-loaded?

Or should I look at a standalone solution such as the Road Angel Gem+ or the Snooper DVR-4HD systems m- will they work with the heated windscreen?

Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury June 2015 - Navigation system - support for speed alert - RobJP

If, for you, it is such a critical part of a satnav system, then the very first, most common-sense approach would have been to ascertain BEFORE purchase whether or not such a system was fitted or available.

Any database that you buy (via SD card, etc) will instantly be out of date. So you are left with the Road Angel or equivalent. I'd suggest you actually contact them and ask the question directly regarding compatability with the heated screen.

Do this BEFORE buying a system.

Of course, there is an alternative : don't speed. Pay attention to the world around you. Even with the myriad of speed limits we have, it's been 20 years since my last speeding ticket, in which time I've probably driven in excess of 700,000 miles.

Edited by RobJP on 11/04/2016 at 14:56

Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury June 2015 - Navigation system - support for speed alert - IanVN
FYI - average mileage 40k pa, no accidents or convictions in 35yrs!
At least "Brit in Germany " who posted below - offered practical assistance.
Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury June 2015 - Navigation system - support for speed alert - Cyd

OR

download "speed cameras" app to your Android smartphone for free

Thanks for your suggestion.
Trying to avoid having to many different systems in the vehicle, would prefer one which integrates into the SatVav but will try this as a fall back position if the POI upload via USB stick fails.
Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury June 2015 - Navigation system - support for speed alert - Brit_in_Germany

If you have a My POI button on the sat nav menu you should be able to add them via a USB stick.

Thank you, will attempt this route and post a reply if successful.
Other forums suggest for a DS which shares the same SatVav platform as Jag's this can be problematic but hey nothing ventured.....
Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury June 2015 - Navigation system - support for speed alert - Brit_in_Germany

My earlier post was based on what has been written in another forum about the Jag XF system which I presume to be the same as yours. I would post a link to the jag forum but understand that such links are frowned on here, so try googling "adding speed camera alerts to MY13 cars and newer"

Great stuff, many thanks for pointing me to the link, will give it a go this weekend.

Tried the MY13 approach as suggested, but regret my various attempts seem to have failed and not born fruit.

Have fomatted a clean USB as FAT32

Paid for and downloaded data files from www.pocketgpsword.com have tried both GPX Other and Garmin Other but no joy, so far.

The MY13 seems to rely on satnav having a 'More' button my system doesn't have tried various on-car options but it seems reluctant (not playing ball) to add POI's.

Has anyone sccessfully imported POI's into this system?

The car is running its on-board database from an SD card - anyone care tomoffer a view on the the risk of trying to directly load from PC onto the SD card. Will I corrupt the card?, can I successfully copy the card first. I've reasonable but fairly basic IT capabilities so if anyone knows anybody who can do this could you kindly point me in their direction. Obviously willing to pay or make charitable donation of ther chosing.

Thanks