Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - Brak82
Hello all

Well i went to available car and found a 2010 ford galaxy 2.0 tdci zetec , 50k miles 3 owners £10k fair price for a galaxy , all was good till test drive, its an automatic and idling in park was good, we gave it some and sounded as normal etc, only from PARK to DRIVE then it started to judder, low revs and then cuts out.

Tried a few times and same thing, once you start moving though it works fine, got plenty of power, smooth gear changing etc , until you slow at a junction, it starts to judder slightly but doesnt cut out, just seems to do it when you first pop it in Drive ..

I have reserved the car awaiting this fix and an mot etc , does anyone have any idea cos im going back next friday unless it sounds serious to anyone and i can get my reserve money back.

Thanks
Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - RobJP

The answer is 'maybe' you can get your money back.

It all depends, really. If you have paid a deposit on the basis that you will buy once the issue is fixed, then you have (whether in writing or not) made a contract. As such, it is enforcable in law.

So if the garage really wanted to, then they could force you to buy the car, at the agreed price, once the car has been fixed.

All depends on what the garage's policy is, and on what basis you paid a deposit, really.

Yes it is a £100 refundable reserve just taking it off sale until i have decided if i want it while they do the mot and fix it etc, it was just if someone has heard of this problem before and if its a minor or major sounding issue

Thanks
Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - gordonbennet

Sorry, but i'd have been out the door faster than our Spaniel having just spotted a cat, its not like you've found a couple of scratches and a cracked indicator lens they've agreed to sort, this is an auto box with issues and that is one thing you do not want to be buying into IMHO.

Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - alan1302

Can't understand why you didn't just leave it when problems like that start on a test drive.

Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - elekie&a/c doctor
I would have thought this is a power shift gearbox ,similar to the Vw Dsg system.so could be a problem with the clutch packs.
Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - scot22

Agree with GB - why take a chance ? It is never possible to be a 100% certain with a car but I would not recommend becoming involved with a car that has been put up for sale with a fault - what else might lurk ?

Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - galileo

Agree with GB - why take a chance ? It is never possible to be a 100% certain with a car but I would not recommend becoming involved with a car that has been put up for sale with a fault - what else might lurk.

Three owners in six years and 50k miles - how long did the last two keep it, could they have noticed issues and unloaded it before a big bill?

I'd walk away and find one that works as it should (if you really don't want a manual)

Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - slkfanboy
Hello all Well i went to available car and found a 2010 ford galaxy 2.0 tdci zetec , 50k miles 3 owners £10k fair price for a galaxy , all was good till test drive, its an automatic and idling in park was good, we gave it some and sounded as normal etc, only from PARK to DRIVE then it started to judder, low revs and then cuts out. Tried a few times and same thing, once you start moving though it works fine, got plenty of power, smooth gear changing etc , until you slow at a junction, it starts to judder slightly but doesnt cut out, just seems to do it when you first pop it in Drive .. I have reserved the car awaiting this fix and an mot etc , does anyone have any idea cos im going back next friday unless it sounds serious to anyone and i can get my reserve money back. Thanks

That would be 3 previous own in 5-6 years. I guess the last own didn't have the car very long?

This sounds like a auto gearbox issue which often fox dealers, plenty of other cars so walk away!

Infact push back to the dealers and say "why are you trying to sell me this broken one, dont you have a car that works properly?"

Ford Galaxy - An issue on a test drive - madf

Any dealer selling a car with faults like that is to be avoided...

Thanks i always knew it was a "run a mile" just wanted to ask about.

Naturally i have told them no, so got reserve back, they still ringing though to guarantee me it will be fixed 100% lol

Anyway on the the next

Cheers